[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

amofiav

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
i've gone up and down this site a dozen times.. no where have i found in any alteredbeast zip's the tar file for using odin.. am i going mad?!? i must be.. in no way am i trying to sound neg.. help.. i had altered beast on my original droid and loved it and sooo would love it on my charge.. have yet to get anywhere close to getting cw recovery to work on charge, and have successfully used odin 3 times now.. again, i've looked thru every zip i could download and do not see the file in the screen shots of odin to install the image.. i know i'm missing a link somewhere.. another set of eyes to show me the path.. thanks, you all rock..

sincerely yours,
a crazed and blind fan..

not sure if you got it figured out yet or not...

i used this link from the ab5 thread in xda forums to get root/cmw/voodoo onto my charge.
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
from there going to 5 is easy.

to boot into cmw is vol up + home + power. will sit at the samsung screen. once the samsung screen pops back up let go of just the pwr button.

yaimop

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I just went through the steps, worked great. I have a question at this point. My phone wants to do a system update, the build changed from EE4 to ED2 for some reason? Will I be ok to let it go through? I said yes and it rebooted, then got stuck. Exclamation point and Android man on the screen for bout 5 minutes....Do i leave it as is or do the system update?

Bittrblue

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried to find this info but the thread is too long. Can I flash the abv5 from clockwork without being on a current version of AB? I currently have GC and hate using odin. I just can't seem to find anyone asking this question. thanks.

Bittrblue

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have spent the better part of my morning trying to flash this in odin. if i understand you flash ab4 in odin then cwm up to 4.1 and 5. everytime I flash 4 even if i turn off auto reboot i seem to have lost root and cwm and it goes to the samsung recovery tool and reloads stock. at this point I am completely lost

nopants

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Have had the AB ROM on my phone for a while, got the pop-up for the recent system update and didn't even stop to think that this might be a problem - haven't messed with the phone since putting AB on and honestly forgot I was rooted.

So, partway into the update's install, I get the dreaded triangle exclamation mark of death. Is my phone a brick or do I have a way back out of this?

<update>
I can power cycle the phone (just pressing power key until it began to reboot) and I'm in the voodoo lagfix recovery screen. What option do I want at this point? I think the original AB update file is still on the phone, should I apply update from SDcard to try to get back to AB? How do I deal with the update going forward, assuming I can back to the AB version I had before?

Thanks for any help with this...

rknauber

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Have had the AB ROM on my phone for a while, got the pop-up for the recent system update and didn't even stop to think that this might be a problem - haven't messed with the phone since putting AB on and honestly forgot I was rooted.

So, partway into the update's install, I get the dreaded triangle exclamation mark of death. Is my phone a brick or do I have a way back out of this?

<update>
I can power cycle the phone (just pressing power key until it began to reboot) and I'm in the voodoo lagfix recovery screen. What option do I want at this point? I think the original AB update file is still on the phone, should I apply update from SDcard to try to get back to AB? How do I deal with the update going forward, assuming I can back to the AB version I had before?

Thanks for any help with this...

I don't know the correct answer for this but I would probably use Odin to reflash. Or go put Humble 5.0 RC2 like I have on my Charge. I've had it for several weeks now, maybe longer, It runs so well I can't remember when I did.

[ROM][ODIN][CWR][EP4P] Humble 5.0 RC2 Gingerbread 2.3.6 11-9-2011 - xda-developers

EricJorden

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to do the verizon update with Altered Beast??? I know 2.3.6 is out and was just wondering if there is something special I need to do or if its not possible at all. Im new to all of this!

code59656

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Dear DroidXcon, Yesterday another software update came out for the Samsung Droid Charge and I was wondering if you were or could start working on an update to incorporate the new update with your Altered Beast ROM (I am currently using Alpha 5, it is FANTASTIC, Thank You). I am waiting to update unless you say that you are discontinuing the Altered Beast ROM and then I shall look for something else. Thank You Very Much! code59656

digmydroidx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Well I figure I would post here so I can see when someone responds or asks a question.....my question or comment here is everytime I find a link here to a download it points to where a file has been removed from the server.....I want to flash ab4 and the cwm the rest....but the ab4 file doesn't show any files in it that odin can use....what am I missing here? Love the look of the beast and want it... .and yeah will you be altering it for 2.3.?

sent from my Verizon Droid Charge using Tapatalk.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
This rom has not been updated in almost 6 months, not sure it will be updated either. To bad cause it was a nice rom.

digmydroidx

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Can somebody just send me or post the wallpaper of the girl with the wicked blue eyes from that build? She would look great when my blue case comes I

sent from my Verizon Droid Charge using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali