[Odin][Rom][6/20/11]AC's Altered Beast **Alpha 5** EE4 based

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
[NOTE]
OP has been updated to Alpha version 2 .

VVM fixed
calendar fixed
dark angel USB mod added

ENJOY im going to sleep now i 3 hours before i have to get ready to go to work lol​
[/NOTE]

Thanks. You made the front page of Ac. Great job. Now get some rest.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

markkitos

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok, little confused on what I need to be doing to get this Rom.
When I bought the phone, updated to ED2 - yesterday I flashed back to ED1

Do I need to upgrade back to ED2 now so that I can get this??

dabomb420

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
DroidXcon your work is amazing, I was always on xda for my roms, but now with my charge in hand combined with your amazing work and support, AC is my new home. Congrats on making front page headlines, get some rest now you deserve it. I also would like to buy you a beer, or whatever you fancy.

Last edited:

SirLance99

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Ok, little confused on what I need to be doing to get this Rom.
When I bought the phone, updated to ED2 - yesterday I flashed back to ED1

Do I need to upgrade back to ED2 now so that I can get this??

Just follow the steps in order in the OP. That's it

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

azenalex

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Running the latest and it works awesome! Thanks! Got my Calendar back =)

However... my clock seems to be gone? How will I wake up for work in the morning?! =P

Froze the following:
VVMService
regular Email
Sync Service
Setup Wizard

mslpilt#AC

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the hard work you put into this! Finally decided to go thru with it and it couldn't have been easier. Very satisfied with the results and I look forward to seeing what comes next! Donation coming your way.

savac

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This is looking more and more dressed and ready. I think Im going to make the jump to your latest release tonight. I've been looking for charge roms and this is really the first I've seen out there. keep up the good work!

jasper1605

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Does this get rid of that horrid "battery fully charged" notification? If not, any suggestions on how to get rid of that (I need to leave me phone's ringer on 24/7 so switching it to vibrate is not a feasible option)? Thanks! :)

Some early issues that I've got:

It seems the stock alarm clock is not working at the moment (the phone still shows my daily 9 a.m. alarm, but I cannot find the clock app anywhere on the phone to get to the alarm should I need to change it). I'm going to play around with it a bit and see what the dealio is.

It also seems that none of my bloatware was actually removed. VMM service is still there, email is still there etc.. No errors came up during the flash process; it went very smoothly actually which is a nice change from my usual phone experience lol.

Last edited:

cmdrfrog

May 22, 2011
Visit site
If one goes to this Rom (pardon me for being a Noob) is it possible to revert to the stock ED2 with JT's V4 kernel and CWM which is where i am now? How would i safely go about doing so?

Otherwise is it possible to flash all the way back to the rooted ED1 Rom? And if you already have the voodoo fix applied, what steps would one have to take to go back to that ED1 rom?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Does this get rid of that horrid "battery fully charged" notification? If not, any suggestions on how to get rid of that (I need to leave me phone's ringer on 24/7 so switching it to vibrate is not a feasible option)? Thanks! :)

Some early issues that I've got:

It seems the stock alarm clock is not working at the moment (the phone still shows my daily 9 a.m. alarm, but I cannot find the clock app anywhere on the phone to get to the alarm should I need to change it). I'm going to play around with it a bit and see what the dealio is.

It also seems that none of my bloatware was actually removed. VMM service is still there, email is still there etc.. No errors came up during the flash process; it went very smoothly actually which is a nice change from my usual phone experience lol.

i think the battery full is a apk you can remove ill make sure i remove it....about the clock, yes i removed it by accident and forgot to put it back i didnt sleep much last night or last couple days period...

i left some bloat because it seems alot of people use some of this stuff and rely on it so its easier to leave it on and let the use remove any extra bloat they want out...i got rid of most of the games and useless stuff

If one goes to this Rom (pardon me for being a Noob) is it possible to revert to the stock ED2 with JT's V4 kernel and CWM which is where i am now? How would i safely go about doing so?

Otherwise is it possible to flash all the way back to the rooted ED1 Rom? And if you already have the voodoo fix applied, what steps would one have to take to go back to that ED1 rom?

yeah to get back to stock you can flash the downgrade package here in the forums and then just update back to ED1

to disable lagfix either put a text file in the voodoo folder on your sdcard called : disablelagfix.txt then reboot your phone

or

from clockwork go to the voodoo option menu and select disable lag fix, then reboot your phone

azenalex

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Do you perhaps know of a way to make long pressing the #1 key work for calling voicemail when VVM is disabled? I renamed the VisualVoiceMail.apk and VVMService.apk files but now when I long press one I get an error stating the the phone application crashed.

Also any word on how to get my clock back? =)

jasper1605

May 18, 2011
Visit site
i think the battery full is a apk you can remove ill make sure i remove it....about the clock, yes i removed it by accident and forgot to put it back i didnt sleep much last night or last couple days period...

i left some bloat because it seems alot of people use some of this stuff and rely on it so its easier to leave it on and let the use remove any extra bloat they want out...i got rid of most of the games and useless stuff

I see. Well thanks a bundle for the work you put into this; it's quite sweet right now (I look forward to the clock being reinstated too haha). As far as adding and removing bloated apk's can I do that through the phone's file manager and just find the uselss ones and delete them, or is it a touch more complicated than that?

das7771

May 16, 2011
Visit site
for anyone needing the alarmclock you can download alarm clock extreme from the market...it seems to work pretty well and it is free

jasper1605

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for reviving the clock good sir. Should be my last question for the time being but what is the battery full notification apk title? This is my first android phone so i am very noob to the whole thing still and i do not want to delete an important system apk file

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The battery full pop up notification is something that will need to be removed from the services.jar file DroidXcon. At least that is how its done on the Epic 4g and others so I imagine it follows suit.

I will have more time tomorrow (Friday) to test out the mod for you and I will look into the battery full pop up notification while I'm at it. So get ready to push some files via ADB when I get em ready if things work out ;)

anon(326401)

May 20, 2011
Visit site
What did I do wrong?

here are my steps.
1) download rom filename: ABeastA2_DXC.tar.md5
2) ODIN successful
3) start up.

CwM Voodoo Lagfix recovery comes up...

Error:

E:Missing bitmap icon_clockwork (Code -1)

I am powering it off for now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii