ROOT and free WiFi tether for Droid MAXX!!

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: ROOT and free WiFi tether for MAXX!!

I'm guessing they don't have root.

Unfortunately nope. Just helped a friend get his new maxx set up with root and entitlement unchecked ; made me nostalgic for yestermonths.

if you can read this, you're standing too close

phathands

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site

I'm tempted to sell my 4.4 with root to get a maxx DE.

I've been considering this as well, but I'm waiting on that price to drop. With the moto x trend, its gotta come down soon. The maxx at Verizon has dropped, the moto x and de version have dropped. Maxx de has to be soon!

if you can read this, you're standing too close

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm tempted to sell my 4.4 with root to get a maxx DE.
I have the DE edition and would not buy any other one. Once you unlock it...it's good to go. Just flash TWRP and a super use app and you have root. Move from 2.2 to 4.4 and back to 2.2 with just a few Motorola fastboot commands. Plus if you have a Del edition Motorola makes the official 4.4, 2.2 flashable recoveries and Motorola fastboot (for windows Mac and unix) available to you with some instructions for using the Motorola ADB fastboot commands. I use a Mac running Mavericks so it's nice to have the Motorola ADB fastboot installed because it will handle the bigger flashable recoveries which means you don't have to use some of the widows only apps like RSD lite or whatever.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thethering is where you turn your device into a wifi hotspot so that you can connect other devices to it, such as a tablet, to use it's data.

Last edited:

Barry Test

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I want to get the maxx and everytime I see one of posts it gets my hopes up. If foxfi or another method becomes available I will get the maxx. Bluetooth and usb is not satisfactory it is not good enough since it will not allow streaming.
THX

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I want to get the maxx and everytime I see one of posts it gets my hopes up. If foxfi or another method becomes available I will get the maxx. Bluetooth and usb is not satisfactory it is not good enough since it will not allow streaming.
THX

I've streamed a ton of times with easy tether pro via USB.

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
"Just root your phone and do the entitlement mod...it will take you all about 5 mins. No big deal."

Can't do that if you are on KitKat.