Android 4.1 Jelly Bean hits week of Dec. 2

Malchore

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Update completed. Took about 10 minutes start to finish. I had to go to Settings -> About Phone -> System Update and a popup appeared, saying that the update had finished downloading and would I like to upgrade the software. (I got no other notification from the phone, had to go in manually and look for it.)

Love the updated voice search feature. Nice to hear my phone talking back to me.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Updated earlier this afternoon, loving it so far. Project butter is very prevalent. I'm also noticing some pretty significant battery performance improvements. Hopefully that continues.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone (who hasn't received it yet) wanna do some before and after Quadrant benchmarking?

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Here's my maxx HD still on ICS.

7ybu7use.jpg

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Just got JB this AM. Measurements improved...

Did a factory reset after the update. Phone seems faster overall. No problems at all so far that I can tell other than the Play store didn't download all my previously installed apps.

Attachments

• postjb.png
    postjb.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 23

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just got JB this AM. Measurements improved...

Did a factory reset after the update. Phone seems faster overall. No problems at all so far that I can tell other than the Play store didn't download all my previously installed apps.

Awesome.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
When you did a factory reset, how did you quickly reconfigure your home screens? Is there a way to do this easily? I've been having various issues since the update but I am wary of starting off brand new again with a factory reset.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
When you did a factory reset, how did you quickly reconfigure your home screens? Is there a way to do this easily? I've been having various issues since the update but I am wary of starting off brand new again with a factory reset.

I don't know of any way with the stock launcher to restore the personalized configuration. Perhaps if you were using Nova or another launcher, they have ways to back up and restore your setup. But I don't think so with a stock, unrooted device.