My phone is lagging.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I've tried to clear the cache on my wife's HD but seemed like it was taking to long. Is it the same process as on my maxx HD ?

Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD via Android Central App

anon(5780458)

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I think the lag on all phones is because of low quality SSDs. They use crap SSDs that are unreliable and laggy as a Transcend memory card. The phones are only responsive out of the box, and soon the entire OS starts lagging and freezing for 30 seconds at a time without any reason. There is zero CPU or GPU usage during this time.

My Galaxy S II is unusable! Totally unusable. The moment you touch the screen and cause any kind of hardware IO, the entire device starts lagging and stuttering. Touch a text box? Full device freeze for 30 seconds. Web page too complex in a tab? Full OS freezes.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think the lag on all phones is because of low quality SSDs. They use crap SSDs that are unreliable and laggy as a Transcend memory card. The phones are only responsive out of the box, and soon the entire OS starts lagging and freezing for 30 seconds at a time without any reason. There is zero CPU or GPU usage during this time.

My Galaxy S II is unusable! Totally unusable. The moment you touch the screen and cause any kind of hardware IO, the entire device starts lagging and stuttering. Touch a text box? Full device freeze for 30 seconds. Web page too complex in a tab? Full OS freezes.

Or the software updates are too much for an outdated S2 to handle. A lot of sluggish performance comes after a big update on older phones.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

DriveEuro

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I've had 3 RAZR HDs in the last 2 weeks and all lagged a lot on stock ROM. I got Cyanogenmod on one of them now and its smooth as silk.

Try changing your governor to Interactive with SetCPU.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Imo the razr hd absolutely shouldn't be lagging. My LG isn't lagging at all and I got only 1.5 ghz and duel cores. I'm pretty sure the razr hd is powerful than that.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 now Free

djmoffical

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
My phone is very weirdly lagging, its probably good to go to at&t or your mobile carrier and ask for a rom check they might just get rid of those pesky ads from virused apps and it would be a good idea to refresh your ram. i have a 2gb ram phone and it ran very smoothly. i was freaked out about the 1/2 of my ram being used but thats ok because mainly 1/2 of the android software running taakes up moe than a gig of space on ram. idk about moto x bot on lg optimus g pro there is a built in task manager widget which is very helpful. you also should be more cautios of what apps you download. downloading free apps is dangerous because of there adds. one last thing, you should turn off smart screen because that is very laggy.

i fixed my lag by restaring my phone and downloading apps such as avast mobile security

SLeepdepD

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I fixed my lag by restaring my phone and downloading apps such as avast mobile security

IMHO installing more apps could just slow it down further. I don't run any security software anymore. Restarting always seems to help with the sporadic lag.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Spud Spuddelight

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I had a Lg Stylo 2Plus from T-Mobile,it was very slow, lagging, then the UI stopped and the LG Server stopped, couldn't use anything but phone dialer, I called T-Mobile, told me to backup important information to sd card or google drive and do a factory reset, if still having issues, see if phone has a warranty still left, exchange phone, I did that and a day later, the phone was having the same problem, I research lg phones and heard. The lg g3, g4, g5 and lg v10 had alot of complaints and some with the Lg Stylo 2 plus, server and UI issues, so I went to the store and told them my problem with my phone, checked on a upgrade, I was on T-Mobile jump plan, I could upgrade my phone by giving my junk phone for a different brand, they had a sale for the Samsung S7 edge, $200 of full price, so I got the phone and been using it since April 1St, 2017 and what a much better, stronger, phone, and more memory 4g memory with 32gb of storage, crystal clear 12 megs pixel camera, remember a lagging phone needs to be reset, backup first, if still having trouble, check if it has warranty left, if so, do it, if not get another phone , that's what I think is best!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer