DROID RAZR M Update

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the new update or noticed the new features? Been checking like crazy.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

pegb856

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yep I got mine this morning and the update seems to have killed the ability of accessing Google Now from the lock screen. Has anyone else noticed this?

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I just installed it and it killed my wifi, which by the way it was supposed to make better. Now my wifi won't even turn on let alone connect. I'll turn wifi on and after a couple of seconds it turns off again. Rebooting has not fixed the problem. Others with different phones seem to have the problem too with this'd update...:mad:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Just downloaded the update standing right next to my router only one bar of wifi when it used to be full. What were the enhancements supposed to be with the update

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Full Change log as follows:
-Improved Wi-Fi connectivity
-Voice volume has been improved at set level
-Camera improvements in touch-to-focus, notifications and low light performance
-In-call audio is routed to ear piece while connected to headset has been improved
-Video streaming pixelation has been improved
-Support for Mobile Device Management has been improved
-Media sync with Back Up Assistant Plus has been improved
-Visual Voicemail connectivity improvements have been made

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Finally got it installed last night and I have seen improvements in WiFi. Where I used to get one bar of it on the first floor of my house now I get 2 to 3. WiFi in my room I'm getting upwards of 25 Mbps and 13 Mbps down. Rest of the fixes are small improvements I definitely won't notice. But I was on YouTube and was looking for better video quality and I haven't noticed a difference.

jperiod

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the update this morning after checking to see that an update was available. After the update I noticed better wifi performance and also it seems that the phone overall seems a litter quicker in response. My phone is not rooted. I do use the nova launcher.

JW

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Apparently I've had 4.1.1 this whole time. Checked for an update just for the hell of it. I upgraded to 1.2 and haven't noticed anything. I want 4.2 dammit

Sent from my phone with the app

mritter2283

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have the update and I downloaded it but when I click install it just reboots and it try a to install but then I get warning symbol and it doesn't
Download.. my phone restarts normally without the new build..

Idk what's wrong.
I was rooted before I tried then when it didn't work I unrooted and it still doesn't work
Can anyone help??

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone try it yet on a rooted xt907?

Thanks

Mine was rooted running stock 4.1.1 The update said it was successful but then my wifi wouldn't work anymore. The wifi signal meter is there and shows some bars but the wifi is not connected. If you go into Settings it shows the wifi as actually being turned off. I'll turn it on and after 2-3 seconds it turns back off on its own. I tried to RSD back to 4.1.1 but could not get it to roll back to an older version. Tried a factory reset and that also did not fix the wifi.

Ended up bringing it to the Verizon store. Told them my phone had been running great ever since I got it but their software update killed my wifi. The tech took it in back to hook it up to a computer. He comes back a few minutes later and gives me the phone back and says "sorry, it won't even boot up now....we will have to overnight you a replacement". I say ok. After a little paperwork I leave and go to my car. I use the correct key combo (hold Both volume keys then hold the pwr button....the tech was not doing this) and was able to boot the phone up normally. At least the phone works fine other than the wifi so I'm not stuck without for a couple days.

On a side note, my wife also has a Razr M, totally stock, not rooted. Her phone took the 4.1.2 update without any problems last night.

I don't think my root had any bearing on this update hosing my wifi....there has been many people complaining that this update messed up their wifi on various Motorola phones...

mud.pony

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Lost root

Got the update today everything works fine other than the fact I lost my root which wasnt unexpected. Im just hoping the root will work again after this update. Bout to find out!

bgg69

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Last night unlocked the bootloader and installed 4.1.2 successfully after having to replace several apk's in order for the update to take. Had to re root after with motochopper.

All is good sort of. They still did not fix a blank email issue with active sync even though they said they did.