Case for the Maxx HD

bluzzy

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone try this one yet?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2424230

No reviews, but it was so cheap, I figured I'd take a gamble and order it....should have by this Thursday. I'd love to get the Aegis one IF it had a kickstand.

I do have the Verizon one with a kickstand and really like it. It's true that it's a bit stubborn removing the phone from holster, but I rarely use that part.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Android Central Forums

gopher500

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Trident Cases on facebook as well and they said they should have the Kraken for the Maxx HD by next week sometime, and that it will be available in black, green, pink, red and blue. That will have a kickstand on it I believe

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I contacted Trident Cases on facebook as well and they said they should have the Kraken for the Maxx HD by next week sometime, and that it will be available in black, green, pink, red and blue. That will have a kickstand on it I believe

"Release the Kraken! " ;-)

TMPNOVA

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for doing this. I contacted them via email and they just told me to keep checking their website. Looks like my Facebook aversion didn't pay off this time...

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
FIRST DROP!

I have the Diztronic TPU case on my MAXX HD. First drop today from my pocket (I'm 6'2") to the concrete. I freaked out.The case took it like a champ. Landed on the lower right corner towards the screen. The phone was intact. The case has a mark where it landed. Overall happy with the case. I wanted something slim and less bulky than a Seidio Surface case (I used to have that on my last phone). I was thinking about going naked with this phone... glad I didn't.

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
SEIDIO SURFACE CASE IS OUT

SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case for Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD

I am a die hard Seidio fan, for their slimness, durability and shock absorption. I was wondering if anyone has already picked this up and is willing to post pictures? This also comes with a metal kickstand which I have never seen before on a Surface model. I'll probably retire my Dual Pro, which has been very good but adds a bit of bulk, and get this new sexy Seidio case.

So if you have picked this up, post some pictures!!

bluzzy

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I, too, love Seidio cases. I would've considered the Surface, IF the kickstand supported both landscape and portrait orientation. Plus, msrp of $35 seems high to me.

For $11 including shipping, I bought this one, although in white:

http://www.amazon.com/Hybrid-Viewin...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU2445360

Slightly bulky, although less than Otterbox. Great kickstand (portrait/landscape). Made of both silicone and plastic, with silicone covers for side buttons, but not ports. Fit/function had been great, so far.

Steve

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

gopher500

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Just picked up a Otter Box Defender for my Maxx HD, gotta say its a rugged case, very rugged. Fit like a glove no issues there, I love it besides the bulk, really made the phone huge.

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for a solid case with a rubber feel. Is the sedio
Case it?

Seidio cases, at least the surface, do not have a rubbery feel. but I have had no problem gripping them in the past. The case is a hard shell case. I would recommend the Seidio case. But if you want something with rubber on it that doesn't suck but still is a little slim, I would check out the dual pro case.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Seidio cases, at least the surface, do not have a rubbery feel. but I have had no problem gripping them in the past. The case is a hard shell case. I would recommend the Seidio case. But if you want something with rubber on it that doesn't suck but still is a little slim, I would check out the dual pro case.

Thanks. Which one is the rubber feeling one?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I wanted a case with some protection and purchased the Incipio DualPro case and the Otterbox Commuter case with the idea of returning the one I didn't like as well.

On the DualPro, it is slightly rubberized and feels just like the Kevlar back of the phone. On the Commuter, it is a hard surface, and even though it has some molded texture to it, I found the Commuter surface much more slippery. So between the smaller size, the rubberized shell surface, and the less cost I kept the DualPro and returned the Commuter.

Now that you've had it for a while, how are you liking your Incipio Pro Case? I see via the web that the volume rocker and the power switch is covered by the silicon liner. Could you give me some feedback on the pros and cons of having these controls covered? Do you like them covered? Why or why not?

Also, I put my Maxx HD in my front pants pocket. Is the Pro Case easily pocketable?

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Now that you've had it for a while, how are you liking your Incipio Pro Case? I see via the web that the volume rocker and the power switch is covered by the silicon liner. Could you give me some feedback on the pros and cons of having these controls covered? Do you like them covered? Why or why not?

Also, I put my Maxx HD in my front pants pocket. Is the Pro Case easily pocketable?

At first I hated the idea of having the buttons covered, but now I'm neutral. It doesn't make a huge difference. You can still feel the buttons fine and the case fits tight so the buttons always get pressed. The hybrid case (soft and hard) took a little getting used to, but it's a neat reliable design. But like I said before, I don't mind having them covered or uncovered.

As for pocketable...
Standing / Walking = Yes
Sitting Down = NO

I don't think you could comfortable sit down with this phone uncovered in your pocket haha. But I rarely have my phone in my pocket when I'm sitting down anyways.

To sum up, it's a different approach to a case, being "Dual Pro" and all. I'm going to wait until people post pictures/videos of the Seidio Surface and will most likely switch over.

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Which one is the rubber feeling one?

If you want a rubbery case from Seidio, go with the Seidio Active. It's a lot like the Incipio Dual Pro case being that it is a mix between a hard shell and a rubbery material. This case is a lot thicker than the surface though. The Active is not out yet for the Razr Maxx HD, but go on Seidio's website and look at the ones made for the Droid Razr Maxx or Galaxy.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Somebody said the seidio kickstand case is available? Says under development on seidio website. Got a link to seidio kickstand case for maxx hd?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty