I can't be the only one LOL who can't stand Dings/Scratches.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
The other night at work I found at the Charging Port of the phone's case is the WEAKEST.

I dropped my S23 with a case on aluminum cage, don't ask. LOL It's about waist high and thought nothing of it.

A few hours later I decided to check my phone on break. I was surprised to see a small ding & scratches by the charging port. :(

Later that day, I sold it.

I get it, I'll eventually sell it but this is one of the reasons why I upgraded more than I should have. I remember with DVD's, Blu-ray's and HD-DVD's I would sell it if for whatever it gets scratched. I draw the line with my vehicle. LOL

Am I the only one who sells their phone once it gets dinged, scratched?

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I too hate dings and scratches and rarely encounter them because I am overly protective about drops and do not abuse or "manhandle" my phones. Since my first smartphone (the OG Moto Droid) I can probably count on 1 hand the amount of drops I've had. I'm not a fan of big bulky cases either so I tend to be careful with the placement of my phone (don't put it face down, don't leave it teetering on the edge of a table/counter, etc.). I have had a few devices where the screens got a scratch or two and it drove me absolutely nuts because, 1) I know how careful I am, and 2) Once I saw the scratch(es) I could not stop obsessing over them LOL!! It wasn't to the point where I felt the need to sell the device LOL But I did have to get a liquid applied screen protector to conceal the scratch(es).
I think while the glass on these newer devices are more resistant to cracking and breaking but I think they tend to scratch easier because I was never a screen protector type of guy, but now a quality glass protector is a top priority for me whenever I get a new phone.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm also with you guys. I tend to treat my phone like a newborn baby and always use a case.
I don't like bulky cases, so I use thin Dux Ducis flip cases with the magnetic closure (can't stand those ugly straps).
Even if the case gets dinged, I have to replace it with a new one.
Perhaps I'm tempting fate here, but so far in 26 years, I've never damaged a phone by dropping it. Oh wait..........oops!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana