Verizon Navigator

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I used it on my Blackberry, years ago, because it was all there was. When I switched to my first Android phone I didn't know any better so I kept the $10/month going. The first week I discovered how much better the free Google navigation was and I was extremely pissed that Verizon was being so dishonest. I only wasted a few cents because I turned off VZ Navigator that day but I still bothers me that they continue to rip off Android customers who don't know better. It's not like they can't make enough money honestly.

Megaroad

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I opened this thing up to see what it was, and I agreed to the "terms of service." That won't make it start charging me, will it?

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I opened this thing up to see what it was, and I agreed to the "terms of service." That won't make it start charging me, will it?

Not sure. Just verify your features online to see if it's checked. If it is just remove it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
VZ Nav is crap. Not sure why you'd want anything else other than
GOOGLE Navigation. Works awesome and it's free!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I did not mean to start an uprising, but from the sound of things...disable Verizon Navigator. Thanks!

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Once you download you are billed

sent from either my HTC Rezound or my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 tablet

Not sure what you mean. The app is free, and is preinstalled bloatware. To use it you have to enable the $10/month feature in your account, which you would normally do online or using the Verizon myAccount app. If you don't explicitly turn it on, the app won't work and you won't get billed. It's also one of those features you can turn on and off at will, so for 33 cents you can turn it on for a day and see how sucky VZ Navigator is for yourself.

diegoesk

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what you mean. The app is free, and is preinstalled bloatware. To use it you have to enable the $10/month feature in your account, which you would normally do online or using the Verizon myAccount app. If you don't explicitly turn it on, the app won't work and you won't get billed. It's also one of those features you can turn on and off at will, so for 33 cents you can turn it on for a day and see how sucky VZ Navigator is for yourself.

Thanks for clarifying. I was going crazy for a sec. Im still going to double check my account to make sure the feature wasnt magically "activated".

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Was told by Verizon rep to keep all 3 gps options checked to get tighter location. Only charges you for vz navigation if you use it. I will admit one time I accidentally hit that instead of Google and was locked in until I disabled everything. Even if I hit Google it automatically pushed me to VZ. Was pissed

whoover

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Was told by Verizon rep to keep all 3 gps options checked to get tighter location. Only charges you for vz navigation if you use it. I will admit one time I accidentally hit that instead of Google and was locked in until I disabled everything. Even if I hit Google it automatically pushed me to VZ. Was pissed

VZ Navigation Services and VZ Navigator are totally unrelated. The former just allows any app to get rough location from local cell towers. This is used if you can't get a fix on enough satellites (which is not going to happen very often with this phone) or to speed up getting fixes with a better initial guess as to location. It's only cost is a bit of battery since it involves radio communication. I leave it on all the time.

VZ Navigator is an app that "competes" with Google Navigation, but not very well. It's bloatware but you can disable it. And if you want to use it, you have to activate an optional service on your account. Otherwise it just doesn't work.

BTW, they dropped the cost of that service from $10/month to $2/month. I still can't imagine why anyone would activate it on an Android phone. It was great on my Blackberry like five years ago, but now?

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I know they advertise it but, I think verizon nav is mostly for the non-android and non-iphone phones. I used to use verizon nav on my original RAZR flip phone. Obviously Google was not available back then. Since they still carry a decent selection of dumb phones, I think they'll carry it until they stop offering those phones. If you're going to pay for nav, you'll do better on something better than this...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non