Upgrade early to Maxx HD?

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Who here jumped up to the Maxx HD from a prior Verizon device before an upgrade? Any one get a good deal on the phone?

I ask because there are quite a few issues with my mom's RAZR Maxx and she's going to Verizon to have it replaced. I wonder if there is a way she could pay some discounted early upgrade fee and jump up to the Maxx HD as she has only had her phone about 5 months.

There is little doubt she will get a new phone, though I wondered if any have stories of swinging an upgrade with a minimum fee in a circumstance such as this (circumstance being she has a defective unit and will be receiving a new unit regardless).

Thanks for any replies!

spiraleze

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Most likely she will get a Refurbished "Like New" replacement Razr Maxx. Verizon does not typically "upgrade" your phone for warranty issues.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better, the refurbished unit you receive will have passed a 100 point inspection.:)

Actually, we had to have a Rezound replaced due to a flaky, distorted screen. The refurbed unit that came in was in great shape and the wife couldn't be happier. She just dressed it up with a Seido case and all is well. Anyhow, if they determine the phone is bad, you'll get a replacement, not an upgrade.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Document all your issues with VZW customer service and tech support. Note each day and issue. Get 6-10 documented issues and then push for a different device, offer to pay a part of the upgrade if needed. Ask for customer retention if you aren't getting any traction.

Research known issues and continue to press them. They will sometime give you a different different device to placate you.

Good luck

Sent from my XT926 Vanquish

rolo99

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I got a 2 mos early upgrade when I was having many issues with my HTC Thunderbolt. Been LOVING the battery life on the Maxx HD ever since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa