I just messed up.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to clear out some stuff to make room in my Internal Storage for more stuff using my laptop. Under the directory of Internal Storage there was a folder called SDcard. I went into it to see if there was anything in it and seemed like there wasn't. I figured it was an extra directory put on there from a past phone or something so I hit the delete button and apparently there was plenty of stuff in it. I'm really mad at myself. I should have left it alone. The directory is gone. Most of my stuff is gone. Now I'm guessing the only thing I can do is a factory reset to get all the basic/root stuff back in place and start over. Is that where I?m at now? Can't believe this is happening.

Last edited:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
What sort of symptoms do you have? Most of what's on the internal SD card should get recreated as applications need it. All of your app configurations and images and other user data will be gone, but most apps should recreate any directories they need. Although I guess some apps might only create the directories on first installation.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Really no symptoms to describe. I simply deleted that folder and everything in it. But I do see what you mean about the apps recreating what they need. My clock widget for example lost its original data but when I went to its settings and themes, it downloaded all of its themes, minus the ones I customized but that?s no big deal. And all my home screen stuff appears to be working fine. In fact, smoother than ever. If there good news from this, I just created a massive amount of extra storage and I had already moved most of my personal pictures and movies onto my laptop for safe keeping. I can't help but wonder though, what all I deleted because I only had 10g available before I did this and now have 22g available. That?s a lot of data that is now gone. Like you said, hopefully it won't be missed and the apps I actually use will repopulate. Hate when I do this stuff to myself:) Thanks for the response. Moral to the story for all us armatures out there is be dang careful about deleting things even if you think you know what you're doing.

Last edited:

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to clear out some stuff to make room in my Internal Storage for more stuff using my laptop. Under the directory of Internal Storage there was a folder called SDcard. I went into it to see if there was anything in it and seemed like there wasn't. I figured it was an extra directory put on there from a past phone or something so I hit the delete button and apparently there was plenty of stuff in it. I'm really mad at myself. I should have left it alone. The directory is gone. Most of my stuff is gone. Now I'm guessing the only thing I can do is a factory reset to get all the basic/root stuff back in place and start over. Is that where I?m at now? Can't believe this is happening.

Have you tried to recover the lost files? There is software that might be able to recover your files. Google "recover lost data on SD card" or similar search terms.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87