Possible Bad Razr Maxx Battery!

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I DON'T plug it in on the charger because then i would have no way of knowing the Batteries True Performance... I am using the google navigation as part of my test for this battery.

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I am also 12 to 15 hours Maxx as well.. Question is for you, do you maxx out 15 hours on light, moderate, or heavy usage?? If your 12 hours or so, on LIGHT Usage, then you indeed May have a bad battery as well....

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
NO GPS at all today, and Unplug from charger at 12:00PM and it's just after 12:00AM and i'm Down to 20% on my Battery... I was on the phone for 4 Hours Straight tonight, and was kinda expecting much better results. Especially considering i used NO gps at all today! I am guessing that if i Include the 4 hours i was Talking on the phone tonight, that would push me towards the 16 Hour mark... I am still Confused whether this is a good working battery, Or Inded a Bad one??

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
That Doesn't sound right at all.. I would still go another day or so, then make your final decision.. We All have 14 days to be COMPLETELY Satisfied with our Razr Maxx.. and IF your Not, then return it, and start all over.

Joe378

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I was just using facebook for about 7 minutes or so and I watched my battery drop from 100% to 95% in that short time. I've had this phone since last Wednesday and will be monitoring this real closely before my 14 day return period is over.

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
My Maxx has been Off the charger for 1 1/2 Hours and i am already down to 90%.. I have done nothing but send and recieve Text messages and checked my email accounts Twice! Today, is the 9th day iv'e had razr Maxx, and im def. gonna return it.. I swear their is something wrong with this Battery....

godbout.t

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i honestly think its a battery stat issue. I wiped mine through the calibration and its been like night and day. i took mine off the charger yesterday at 4pm and its 3pm now and its only at 43%. I have a feeling the stock battery information is not calibrated for the variation in battery size and capabilities from the Razr to the Razr Maxx.

just my 2 cents

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Wiping battery stats does nothing but clear the battery usage apps list.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I DON'T plug it in on the charger because then i would have no way of knowing the Batteries True Performance... I am using the google navigation as part of my test for this battery.

I would return it while you can. You don't want to have to risk being subjected to the Certified Like Used replacement.

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

Reactions: derek128

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree!

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

I think that is one thing that bothers me the most about how the system works. We pay hundreds of dollars for these phones (even when subsidized) and if something goes wrong with it say on day 15, you are stuck with having to either replace the phone by paying full price for one, or having VZW, under most circumstances send you a used phone.

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, i do agree.. My problem was that EVERY Freaking store around my way, is "Sold Out" on the Razr Maxx! So i had to get back on the phone with Verizon and my new Maxx will be shipped out on Monday. Once i have the new Maxx in hand, i will post the new results with that one. I am really hoping that the new phone will give me Much better results.. (^_^)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, i do agree.. My problem was that EVERY Freaking store around my way, is "Sold Out" on the Razr Maxx! So i had to get back on the phone with Verizon and my new Maxx will be shipped out on Monday. Once i have the new Maxx in hand, i will post the new results with that one. I am really hoping that the new phone will give me Much better results.. (^_^)

That's good. Just generally speaking, I think sometimes we wait too long when we first start noticing problems like yours to get replacements. 14 days really isn't long enough (which is probably the goal of VZW) to determine if it is a hardware problem, or a software problem that can be more easily remedied.

cdicesare2002

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
That's good. Just generally speaking, I think sometimes we wait too long when we first start noticing problems like yours to get replacements. 14 days really isn't long enough (which is probably the goal of VZW) to determine if it is a hardware problem, or a software problem that can be more easily remedied.

I agree, we trend to try and fix a problem before tacking it back. 14 days is to short for that.

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx using Tapatalk

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I used my MAXX today pretty much from 10am to 730pm with LTE on and screen timeout at 1 min. I set it up to lock the phone after 5 mins of non-usage. I think I unlocked it 3 times, once was because I shut it off to show the boot up animation to someone and then another time because I cleaned out the phone with useless apps that got restored from my DroidX and I cleared the Dalvik Cache.
I was restoring apps, watching movies, taking pictures, netflix for about 20 minutes, slacker and iheartradio for about 20 minutes and watching the beginning of Superbowl game on it for about 30 minutes since I had to go out and get a few things, text messaging, tons of online browsing with mostly youtube to test the speed. And I only got it last night so not bad for it's first day of use. And tested the GPS for a quick drive.

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I am glad your happy with your Maxx, because i am NOT happy with mine.. I would suggest that ALL of Us Maxx owners keep an eye on the Battery performance of this particular device.. Remember, you ONLY have 14 days to return it for a "Brand New" device...

brockpsu

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
For those of you with a bad battery, be sure to know what you are comparing. I had a TB with extended battery, and this phone does just as well if not better. Sure, some days when I'm at work I leave with 30%, but the TB was the same, and it's due to poor signal. On the weekends, I haven't seen it dip below 60% with an overnight charge.

socarwolverine

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
If any of you MAXX owners want to sell your phone for a reasonble price hit me up, cause I'd kill for the battery life some of you with "bad" batteries are getting.

In all seriousness though, I've read that running the battery from 100% to 0% helps immensely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik