Anyone get the OTA for the MAXX? Quiet around here!

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Download Go SMS Pro for free from the Market and you can set that up...

Not sure what happened to the delete option for posts, but it's gone. Anyway, this response was to the two members who wanted individual contact alerts for SMS. Tried to multi-quote them and that didn't work either. Forum is acting screwy tonight.

Last edited:

derek128

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I was told by a vzw rep that the ota Update will be Issued out to us in the order that your cell phone was Activated... Not so sure if that even makes any sense, but that's what he told me.. On, that note, I got my ota Update Two Days ago, over here in New Jersey... So, i assume that everyone whop got their Maxx on the thursday or friday that it was Released, will be the first one's to recieve the ota update. The Maxx released on a Thursday & i ordered mine that friday, and i'm JUST Now recieving my ota update...

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got the update this morning at 2am It took a good long time to download and install. This was no lightweight update. Is the text mmessage Icon different now?

Last edited:

Wayles

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a Maxx being delivered any minute now and was wondering what version number the phone ships with and what version number the OTA is. Thanks for the help...

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I was told by a vzw rep that the ota Update will be Issued out to us in the order that your cell phone was Activated... Not so sure if that even makes any sense, but that's what he told me.. On, that note, I got my ota Update Two Days ago, over here in New Jersey... So, i assume that everyone whop got their Maxx on the thursday or friday that it was Released, will be the first one's to recieve the ota update. The Maxx released on a Thursday & i ordered mine that friday, and i'm JUST Now recieving my ota update...

I highly doubt that. I bought my device on the 4th and I got the update notification on the 8th but I didn't go through with it until the 9th. I rarely listen to reps

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Once again... STOP listening to anything a REP says... most of them know nothing and are just repeating something they heard, which is usually incorrect.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a Maxx being delivered any minute now and was wondering what version number the phone ships with and what version number the OTA is. Thanks for the help...

Usually they don't have the latest updates. Im guessing you will have to do it or it might do it as soon as its activated.

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So I got the update this morning but havent installed it yet.
Do you lose anything with this update? i can back up my contacts and such but just wanted to make sure i dont have to re organize my phone again.
??

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So I got the update this morning but havent installed it yet.
Do you lose anything with this update? i can back up my contacts and such but just wanted to make sure i dont have to re organize my phone again.
??

You will not lose anything by installing the OTA.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Nothing will be lost except for root if you rooted your phone. But install RootKeeper and it will backup and restore root and your good to go again.

Jackster321

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Sure did.. this morning (2/10/12) around 5:30 eastern.. took about 10 minutes to download.. I believe it was 2.3.6 My three day old razr maxx proceeded to re-boot and locked up on the boot screen. Took it to my friendly Verizon store.. they tried all their magic without success so sending out a new unit from the warehouse. Lucky for me I kept my Droid 2 Global handy to be re-activated for the weekend. I hate this.

Jackster321

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
OTA pushed update.. version 2.3.6 download this morning at 5:30 A.M., eastern time.. 10 minute download and then froze my phone solid.. stuck on the boot screen.. Spent 2 hours today with Verizon folks in store and they had tech on the line.. nothing worked, even tried a factory reset to no avail. Sending me a new unit from the warehouse.. my razr maxx was three days old and was labeled DOA.. Dead on arrival.. I hate this..

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
ok I didnt lose anything and the only thing i noticed was the icon for text msg changed and a few in another screen.

I guess we are one step closer to ICS!!

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Got my update this morning. No issues with the install and my corp email works like it should. Phone feels quicker too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted and installed the update yesterday. No issues at all. I was able to retain root by using Voodoo Root Keeper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
got the update and installed like i said in a prior post but...

I have been getting a force close on homescreen a few times now and i almost have to turn the phone off and then back on for the screen to come back. not every time maybe 5/10 times

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
After my update, I am noticing the screen doesn't stay on in the car dock. I'm going to go through the settings, but before it would automatically stay on as long as it was docked up. No other issues I have noticed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non