ICS not coming until September for Razr

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Who needs ICS, this phone works great as it is? I have a Galaxy Nexus with ICS which is a POS and sitting in the desk drawer. I'd rather have a working phone with Gingerbread then a phone full of issues with ICS.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I only want ICS since it utilizes the dual core processor way better then GB. But I doubt I'll be going to ICS when it comes out. I'll wait a few weeks or a month or two to see developers work on the bugs for the apps.

LBTRS

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I only want ICS since it utilizes the dual core processor way better then GB. But I doubt I'll be going to ICS when it comes out. I'll wait a few weeks or a month or two to see developers work on the bugs for the apps.

The app bugs have been worked out since ICS has been around for a while on other phones. Apps won't be an issue.

jmarrale

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't ever believe Verizon the reps don't know a flip phone from a smart phone as far as any update they don't know till the week it releases so any one who tells you other wise just guessing. I work for one of the big 4 company's and we aren't told anything till it releases.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The app bugs have been worked out since ICS has been around for a while on other phones. Apps won't be an issue.

I'm sure a majority of the apps but not all apps. There will probably be a good amount of apps that will need to be worked on.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Why are you on the Maxx forum when you have an Incredible 2 and want a Nexus?:confused:

rbess1965 makes a very good point. Devices that need to be updated to ICS are at more risk for glitches than those that came with ICS. The Maxx currently works very well with Gingerbread, and is one of the more stable devices on the market, judging by the relatively few complaints to be found on forums. I have no doubt that ICS will eventually come, but I'd rather Moto and VZW take as much time as they need to make it right.

my info is not accurate. I HAVE a gnex since day it hit. i was just joking with my post. there is no doubt ICS is miles ahead GB. I literally couldnt have a phone without it right now......... unless that phone was a MAXX. I freaking love this phone. It is better in nearly every aspect than GNEX. I have had a week of hands on via friend working with me. it has better signal, battery, build, etc. It is better in every way that makes it a good phone and reliable device for business. it doesnt have the screen, but to be honest i think the maxx holds up well for being pentile QHD, two things i hate. i dont care though, i cant wait to have a full days use, hear my calls and alerts, keep a call while driving through bad cell coverage, etc. i love my Gnex, it is a good phone, but not for me. battery life is horrid, sound level is very low, signal is crappy, also, where are these so called updates LOL. up until this very point, i was always concerned with cutting edge specs and placed alot of weight on screen tech. you know what i learned, who freaking cares how good the screen looks!!! i need to conduct business and communicate with people. it is a mobile communication device. the maxx is superior in every item that comprises a mobile communication device.

now i will say the rzr hd if in maxx form would have me in line day of release.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've said it before, if you want a phone with stock ICS you will have to purchase a phone that has it already installed.

In my opinion the Motorola devices will not see the Blurred out version of ICS until right about the time Jelly Bean is rolled out. Motorola seems to prefer to use old OS's on their Android phones. ICS has been out for months now and still isn't on any of the current Motorola handsets or the new handsets that will be coming in the coming weeks.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Want ICS now? Download the leak. Its actually very stable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I've been running it since the side load method came out. No bugs. No random reboots. No freezes. I can now hide all the bloatware with the touch of a button. I came to the Maxx from the Nexus, and I am never looking back.

Reactions: rbess1965

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
my info is not accurate. I HAVE a gnex since day it hit. i was just joking with my post. there is no doubt ICS is miles ahead GB. I literally couldnt have a phone without it right now......... unless that phone was a MAXX. I freaking love this phone. It is better in nearly every aspect than GNEX. I have had a week of hands on via friend working with me. it has better signal, battery, build, etc. It is better in every way that makes it a good phone and reliable device for business. it doesnt have the screen, but to be honest i think the maxx holds up well for being pentile QHD, two things i hate. i dont care though, i cant wait to have a full days use, hear my calls and alerts, keep a call while driving through bad cell coverage, etc. i love my Gnex, it is a good phone, but not for me. battery life is horrid, sound level is very low, signal is crappy, also, where are these so called updates LOL. up until this very point, i was always concerned with cutting edge specs and placed alot of weight on screen tech. you know what i learned, who freaking cares how good the screen looks!!! i need to conduct business and communicate with people. it is a mobile communication device. the maxx is superior in every item that comprises a mobile communication device.

now i will say the rzr hd if in maxx form would have me in line day of release.

Anyone else kind of confused on what phone Edizzle actual has or is it just me? hahaha, just playin Ed:)

Why I don't care as much about ICS: I use Go Launcher for my UI and even when ICS hits, I'm still going to use GL therefore most of my operations and my phones appearance will remain the same. I downloaded a couple of the ICS themes and actually use some of the icons so it somewhat resembles the look. With GL I make my own icons from pictures downloaded from the web. 3D cameras and the Play Store for example. The one 'and only' thing I miss about my Samsung Charge was the ability to take easy Screen shots. I miss that funtion:( But as for the things going on in the back ground, I just want it to work without causing new issues. Thanks to all that agree:cool:

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hulkjr77