Any word on ics

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
ICS will be here one day. And there be more post about what apps do not work with the new OS:p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Everywhere I look its a different device getting the 4.0 update either today or sometime this week. Then Verizon says their gonna give us an update to make our phones global. Thats fine as well, but I just have one question.....Where in the ham sandwich is my ice cream sandwich!!!!!!:mad:

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Everywhere I look its a different device getting the 4.0 update either today or sometime this week. Then Verizon says their gonna give us an update to make our phones global. Thats fine as well, but I just have one question.....Where in the ham sandwich is my ice cream sandwich!!!!!!:mad:

I wouldn't be surprised if the update was ics that makes it "global".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
ICS will be here one day. And there be more post about what apps do not work with the new OS:p

I know I had so many force close issues with "plants vs zombies" I finally uninstalled it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
after the last little update caused me more problems than it fixed im in no hurry for a update anytime soon . i honestly dont understand this update mania everybody has . i had a gnex for awhile and it was nice but what was nice about it was the screen and the camera compared to my razr maxx. its not like with ICS your gonna gain a whole bunch of fuctionality thats missing from gingerbread.

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
after the last little update caused me more problems than it fixed im in no hurry for a update anytime soon . i honestly dont understand this update mania everybody has . i had a gnex for awhile and it was nice but what was nice about it was the screen and the camera compared to my razr maxx. its not like with ICS your gonna gain a whole bunch of fuctionality thats missing from gingerbread.

It's like going shopping. Everyone loves to have something new:D

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The update isn't pushed out from Google.

Google gives the source code to the manufacturer to update their phones, mfg sends to carrier for testing. Once it passes the carrier testing it is sent out to end users (I'm sure I skipped a few steps, but close enough). The carrier may pass it on the 1st go around or it may take 20 versions, who knows.

I should have worded that better......I understand Google isn't the ones pushing out an update. But it is their Operating System, and these carriers and Phone Manufacturers are kind of screwing them by not updating these devices to the newest and greatest that Google has to offer. I know Google makes money no matter what, but it would still annoy the crap out of me if I was anyone important within Google

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I should have worded that better......I understand Google isn't the ones pushing out an update. But it is their Operating System, and these carriers and Phone Manufacturers are kind of screwing them by not updating these devices to the newest and greatest that Google has to offer. I know Google makes money no matter what, but it would still annoy the crap out of me if I was anyone important within Google

Someone is getting screwed and its us the users of the phone. Look how long the Verizon galaxy nexus how been out with all the issues it has and Verizon has done nothing to improve the software of the phone. But people use their phones everyday.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't it just take one carrier who would unlock bootloaders and give timely updates to put the rest pretty near out of business? I can't figure out why no one does this. Doesn't seem like it would be too complicated to be head and shoulders above the other carriers.

bed269

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't it just take one carrier who would unlock bootloaders and give timely updates to put the rest pretty near out of business? I can't figure out why no one does this. Doesn't seem like it would be too complicated to be head and shoulders above the other carriers.

I don't think most people know or care as long as their phone is operating properly. I would love to have ICS now but I'm amazed at the amount of people i work with that has an Android phone and don't even know their gmail address. It was setup at the store for them then they forget about it. They just want it to work. Kinda sad.

WestOkid

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't think most people know or care as long as their phone is operating properly. I would love to have ICS now but I'm amazed at the amount of people i work with that has an Android phone and don't even know their gmail address. It was setup at the store for them then they forget about it. They just want it to work. Kinda sad.

Completely agree. ICS and the OS in general is what techies and people who visit forums think about. We are a loud but minor group. No android phone will ever be as closed as an iPhone. Yet the iPhone has made Apple the largest company in the world. Meanwhile most android makers lose money.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, this thread is quiet. TOO quiet. Any news? The 25th had been kicked around. Or do you suppose Googles acquisition of Motorola Mobility was delay things?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
AndroidCentral had a post a week or so ago with the dates ICS will be released for certain phones. Well, not actual dates but quarters. The Maxx was Q2; so by the end of June. The only rumored dates I've heard are the 25th and 29th of May.

And it's worth nothing what the prior two posts say; just because Motorola has it ready, doesn't mean VZW won't sit on it for another two months. Or until they release new phones with ICS so people buy those first.