Combine accounts for contacts/calendars into Google?

jenniferq

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hello! I hope someone can help me with this...I had been a Blackberry user for a few years and just got my first Droid - a Razr Maxx. I love it so far, but I'm getting really frustrated.

I used the "Welcome to Android" program to switch all of my information (calendar events, contacts, tasks, memos etc) from my Blackberry to my new device.

My contacts, Gmail, and calendar are all set to sync in my Gmail account under the My Accounts app in the phone.

As an automatic backup and to be able to edit on the computer, I want to use Google for my calendar contacts etc. BUT when the data was put onto the Droid, it put my calendar events into a separate calendar - not my Google calendar. Same for contacts. Now I have over 2000 events I want to move to Google calendar, but I can't see how. I can change what events are displayed from what calendar, but I can't combine the calendars or move them over to my gmail calendar.

My contacts don't show when synced with Google because the are in another account.

Any ideas????

Thank you!

phissure

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Try using acalendar instead. It has a much nicer interface.

For contacts go to the contacts screen. Press Menu. Select "Display options" Pick which lists of contacts you want to display. If they are not listed you will need to add whatever account using the "Accounts" on aforementioned menu...

jenniferq

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I'll look into the calendar option, although all of my events are already there, so ti would be nice to just transfer them to the Google calendar.

But for the contacts, they are not syncing with Gmail. They are in another folder and I don't know how to switch them over...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, there isn't any easy way in Google Calendar to merge 2 calendars. You may just have to deal with keeping your old Blackberry events in a separate calendar. As long as you have Google Calendar as well as your Maxx's Calendar app set to display this separate Blackberry calendar along with your main calendar, those events should still show up and should still sync with Google Calendar.

I'm afraid I don't know how to move the old Blackberry contacts into your Google contacts. However, if your Blackberry is still available, you could look into importing its contacts directly into Google Contacts on the web (i.e., using your laptop or desktop). If you go to Google Contacts and look at the bottom of the left hand column, you should see "Import Contacts." It can import your Blackberry contacts as a CSV file. Here are instructions on how to export your Blackberry contacts into a CSV file:

KB24488-How to export contacts from a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6

Once the contacts are imported, they should then sync with your Maxx's Contacts.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, where specifically are the calendar events that were transferred from your Blackberry? You should be able to see by opening the phone's Calendar, tapping the Menu button, then Calendars. You should see two categories: "Phone calendar" and most likely your Google email address. The calendars under your Google account should sync with Google. I don't think the Phone calendar syncs with Google, but I'm not sure--if anyone else knows, please chime in. I suspect the Phone calendar can sync with Backup Assistant (which is pointless if you use Google apps, since Google IS your backup) and maybe with Microsoft Outlook. If your Blackberry events are in your Phone calendar, then you might be stuck.

Your Blackberry events might also not be listed as their own calendar under Phone calendar; i.e., they might just all be included in the calendar titled "Phone calendar." Best way to tell is select one of the events you know was transferred from your Blackberry and look at the details--it should be indicated under the title of the event.