Check for ICS manually & its there

CaliberSRT4

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
On my phone it downloads but won't install. A third of the way in. It shows the Android with the triangle and exclamation point. Then reboots. Ive wiped my phone and i keep getting the same result. Im unrooted

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

danimgale

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My husband was nice enough to get it all ready for me while i was sleeping so i woke up with ice cream! Downloaded fine on both of our phones.

Bachekermooni

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded and installed over my home wifi in minutes. I am new to maxx so I am still learning the new ics. It seems a bit slower than the older version. Oh well.

mededitor

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
No notification or email ever sent, just kept checking manually

Same situation with me, absolutely no notification from Verizon about the ICS update. I haven't manually updated yet, I'm still reading to see what others have to say before taking the leap. I came from an iPhone 4, so I'm very happy with GB and ICS isn't an immediate need for me.

If I didn't read here I wouldn't even know that there was an update available. I'm surprised and disappointed by the lack of communication from VZW.

I wonder why some of us never got any notifications of any kind and how many RAZR MAXX owners are out there with no idea that ICS even exists?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
HELP PLEASE Downloaded and it didnt install..... do i have to unroot? remove safestrap?

For the best results, I would be completely stock before trying any OTA update.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

afranko22

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the "can't validate" issue. I cleared internal cache, installed on the first try.

Sent from my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with Verizon about the not bring able to Validate pop up that wouldn't let me download, they said they spoke to Motorola & the only way to download it if you get this is to do a Factory Reset.. I did it &i got ICS right after. A pain in the but, but out worked..

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Before I even checked this thread, I decided to check updates manually for the hell of it, and to my shock I got a message that a new update is available. It's currently downloading. Hope I like ICS!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Android Central Forums

skewedviewr

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Boston area and I got ICS via a manual update on Sunday night (7/1). The only reason I even looked was because I remembered some press release a few months back from Verizon saying they were targeting end of Q2 for Droid RAZR MAXX.
:
So far, so good. I love the new default font, makes it much easier to read w/o having to zoom or find my glasses. :p

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
2 Things.

1) Let this be a lesson to those who preach about NOT trying to pull upgrades manually. I've NEVER received an update from Google/Moto/Verizon without going into About Phone, System Updates.

2) I downloaded the whole thing on 3G. I was very proud of that, as I came down from the family cabin to get any signal I could.

barrycinti

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
2 Things.

1) Let this be a lesson to those who preach about NOT trying to pull upgrades manually. I've NEVER received an update from Google/Moto/Verizon without going into About Phone, System Updates.

2) I downloaded the whole thing on 3G. I was very proud of that, as I came down from the family cabin to get any signal I could.

I manually downloaded mine on 3g while driving
Worked great.