google voice search

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having trouble with google voice search I can't get it to recognize my contacts no matter what setting I change it to. It put's my contact "name " in with the message on text no matter how I say it and on calls it search whatever name I say on browser. Help Please

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Just a couple suggestions, not that I know how to fix your issue since I don't use that feature, but...

First, don't post a question multiple times.

Second, search can reveal more than you might think... there are roughly 31 threads with "Google Voice Search" in the title, two of which are yours now... just maybe some of the Nexus threads might help you since they have ICS... or maybe they will tell you it might be a known issue... either way they might help you.

Reactions: Ry

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I know this could be frustrating and searching for something Before you post is not always helpful.. So I have found myself. It's very tedious work when you want answers right away. Anywho...

Make sure that your contacts syncs with google.
In accounts and sync> you need to have the gmail sync contacts activated with the check mark. See if that helps!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I know this could be frustrating and searching for something Before you post is not always helpful.. So I have found myself. It's very tedious work when you want answers right away. Anywho...

Make sure that your contacts syncs with google.
In accounts and sync> you need to have the gmail sync contacts activated with the check mark. See if that helps!

yes they are thank you very much for replying to my post. i truly cannot figure it out it works on navigation and reminder/list of things to do how every text and calls NOTHING !!!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

I noticed in one of your other threads you mentioned having the new ICS update. This is after all new to the MAXX and I'm sure there is some kinks to be worked out like when any OS update hits a device. Each device reacts in a different way to an OS update and all have their own ways of fixing/patching or work arounds to get things resolved..

Best thing to do is be patient and give the community some time to help provide an answer, by this I mean posting a comment or threads concerning this every few hours isn't going to get you an answer any quicker.

I have faith in the community, especially here at Android Central :)

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I noticed in one of your other threads you mentioned having the new ICS update. This is after all new to the MAXX and I'm sure there is some kinks to be worked out like when any OS update hits a device. Each device reacts in a different way to an OS update and all have their own ways of fixing/patching or work arounds to get things resolved..

Best thing to do is be patient and give the community some time to help provide an answer, by this I mean posting a comment or threads concerning this every few hours isn't going to get you an answer any quicker.

I have faith in the community, especially here at Android Central :)

correct ICS now Gingerbread previous google voice search worked on neither one, I think after 6months this should be operating correctly.

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
paul 627g I am trying to find out if anyone else is experiencing the same problem also, this seems to me to be a google problem 100% not an issue with my settings. Why is it a problem to keep trying to find a solution or feedback ? This has been an on going issue for months now.

Ms Charli

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Try this go into manage apps > voice search> then clear data. See if that helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress