Notification volume on ICS

danimgale

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Is a 3rd party app really the only solution to having the notification volume change with the ringer volume on ICS?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

leroybrute

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If you go into settings, sound, volumes you can change notification volume, media, ringtone, and alarm also.
Edit. Sorry I understand what your wanting. You do need a 3rd party app I believe.

pawj112

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. Not thrilled about them removing the check box. I hope out it is in a hidden menu somewhere.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

whozat451

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that @Averix. Its better with this, but I still think the main volume buttons should work and that I shouldnt need another app to workaround this *bug*.

pawj112

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I made a quick one since all the others were overkill for what I wanted to do. Seems like pure Android joins the two together so the skins for Motorola and Samsung decided to break them out again.
This simple app will adjust the ringer and notification volumes at the same time, but still keep them separate if you want to adjust one manually.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.notquiteinsane.icsvolume&token=bKLym7IH

So do you have to open the app to adjust both volumes our does it tie into the stock volume buttons? Thanks

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So do you have to open the app to adjust both volumes our does it tie into the stock volume buttons? Thanks

App has to be open. When it's open, the physical volume rocker or on screen slider will set both volumes. I didn't make it a service and didn't want something that sits in the background sucking up cycles. There are plenty of more complicated apps for that functionality.

Reactions: pawj112

hugeri

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Very frustrating as well. Not user friendly to people who do not want to constantly be changing separate volumes throughout the day. It would be nice to have an option to keep one master volume or separate them. Let me know if you find a good app that keeps them together!

schmasser

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, not available in Hungary on Google Play. Any alternative download option?
Regards, Sch

I made a quick one since all the others were overkill for what I wanted to do. Seems like pure Android joins the two together so the skins for Motorola and Samsung decided to break them out again.
This simple app will adjust the ringer and notification volumes at the same time, but still keep them separate if you want to adjust one manually.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...d=com.notquiteinsane.icsvolume&token=m3Ya-mR1

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, not available in Hungary on Google Play. Any alternative download option?
Regards, Sch
According to the publish settings on Google Play, it should be available in all countries. It is only available on 4.0.X+, nothing lower than ICS. So, if you're on an ICS or JB device, the app should be appearing in Google Play.