ICS closing apps manually???

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
On the ICS update, you can hold down the home key and it brings up the recently used apps. You can swipe the apps from the list to the right and they are no longer on the list. Is this like closing the apps and may save battery life???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, it doesn't close it, contrary to what other bloggers and even tech writers have written. It's only a recent apps list. You can tell because if you swipe an app away and then check the manage apps list, it'll still be running.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

apquijano

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
For example, I'll be listening to Pandora. I swipe Pandora out of the Recent Apps list, but the music will still play because the app is still running.

hazelgreen

May 27, 2011
Visit site
So then why even wipe the Recent Apps? I just saw this thread and thought I had been closing Apps with the swipe method. I guess the only way to see Apps currently running is through the manage apps setting? Is there an easier way to close apps manually?

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's always been the same as before with recent app list except you don't have all the recent apps you have open. Just the ones you want to quickly access.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
think of it as multi tasking. i hold the home button and view a web page, then hold it to go back to the email i was typing explaining what i read on the web page, then hold the button and go to my music app to go to the next song. multi tasking. do not use task killers. Android kills apps on its own, and is designed to do so. keeping apps in memory is not a bad thing. it helps them load faster. let Android do what it was designed to do. having a bunch of free memory not taken up by apps is worse on the system than having little free memory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38