Email Client on ICS

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I did first 'search' for this subject and did not find the answer so bare with me if this has been asked before, but as part of my not so thrilled with ICS attitude, could someone please explain to me why I can't see 'folders' in my email clients anymore. I'd like to look at my sent files for example and can't figure out how to. Maybe it's user error and someone can tell me. I'm not interested in buying a 9.00 app to do this. Hopefully this is just something I'm doing wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
The stock email app shows folders, if you tap the Inbox icon. You get a dropdown of all the folders. Isn't that what you're looking for?

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Thank you. I obviously did not notice that and thankfully it was user error. Things feel so different on ICS. I will play with that and remove this post in a bit so it won't be just another user error situation on the forum.

Thanks again,

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok. Thank you. I obviously did not notice that and thankfully it was user error. Things feel so different on ICS. I will play with that and remove this post in a bit so it won't be just another user error situation on the forum.

Thanks again,

No problem. I really, really REALLY wish there was a GOOD email client for Android. All the clients are aimed at phones, seemingly OLDER phones with 640 x 300 displays or something. I would really like something with a nice folder display and preview, maybe pop-out if necessary to save space, so it looks like a foldup version of Outlook. The iPad has a nice one, and the WebOS client is even better. Nothing in Android comes close.

MDsmartphone

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
with default email app only 4 folders show (for yahoo, hotmail, etc. In box, trash, Draft and sent i think

I solved this problem by adding "other account" rather than the default yahoo and hotmail account setup. Now ALL of my folders show

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
with default email app only 4 folders show (for yahoo, hotmail, etc. In box, trash, Draft and sent i think

I solved this problem by adding "other account" rather than the default yahoo and hotmail account setup. Now ALL of my folders show

Just tap the bottom selection - Show All Folders. Presto. There they are!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38