Maxx Camera/ Reboot Issue

garberinc

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I have the Maxx. I have an issue with that sometimes, not all the time, when using the camera or video camera, it freezes the phone and reboots itself. This, of course, always happens in the worst possible time. Yesterday, we were at a Buckeyes game and during the pregame stuff, it rebooted three times!

Has this been reported? Any fixes?
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Haven't heard of any problems like this. Whenever something like this occurs, you could always try going to Manage Apps->All->Camera and see if clearing the cache and clearing the data help.

garberinc

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
No third party camera apps here. I have even factory wiped due to unrelated issue. Same problem with camera

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

kevin.slawinski

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same problem. The only difference in apps I've seen is that I use QuickPic instead of the stock Gallery app. The camera will freeze when I click on the thumbnail icon from the camera mode after taking a picture (specifically, during the transition between the two apps). It may be related to QuickPic but I'm not sure. Also, I'm not rooted, and I'm running 6.16.215

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
id say wipe the cache and try using just the stock camera and gallery. if that is a no go then transfer all of your photos to a pc and delete all of them from your phone. ive seen bad coding from a pic taken do this on other platforms. rare though.

tramalot

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I had the trouble I ended up Avenue install the camera and the gallery

Motorola RAZR MAXX - XT912 - .215 radio - SimplexROM 1.2 - Wigdetsoid - Tether - Linux Installer - Otter Box - Safestrap - Chrome - 1325mhz - 80gb Storage w/64 removable - 6 columns & 7 rows - 85-89?f