How to Root, Install Safestrap, and custom ROMs

SpiralBorg

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Toolkits by XDA members are a easy method for rooting, unlocking and flashing your device.
Worth taking a look at.

Sent from my MZ604 using Android Central Forums

lados

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi...i'm new here.

I got a question.Is this method can use on Razr XT910?My phone rooted & decide to install custom rom.Can someone help me please..

Helron

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok, running Safestrap 311 on Xt912
Cm10.1 (old) on Slot 1
Stock saved and secure
backups in place via Safestrap and Tibu Pro.
Want to dirty flash to newer CM10.1 Spyder Rom RC5 (if it fails will do fresh flash.)
QUESTION:
1. How can I dirty flash onto existing Slot 1 Rom?
2. CM10.1 must be installed in slot 1 and I remember reading that I had to create a new Rom in Slot 2 prior to deleting Slot 1. is that still true?
3. If dirty flash of S1 fails, why can't I just delete and wipe and add newer fresher Cm10.1 to S1.
4. Also, if I fail the dirty flash, then I would like to increase capacity S1 in SS. I know how to do that, but wonder if I could just leave S1 as is, and just try to install CM10.1 to Slot 2?
Ahhhh...why does CM require Slot !? It's beyond my knowledge, but perhaps someone here knows???
Thanks!

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
A little hard to find roms for the ntelos maxx on 4.0.4. Anybody know of any good ones or are they just missing. I cant really find much on this version

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone experienced any issues with safe strap after the JB update? It bricked my bionic after the update and a nandroid restore.

Posted via Android Central App

TobiLove92

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
hello everyone. first time ever being involved in a forum. i know this was the place to come for my issue with my RAZR MAXX. not the HD. running jelly bean 4.1.2. did the OTA update then rerooted, i have safestrap 3.11, and i tried getting the Eclipse ROM, did everything a youtube video said step by step and when i did the first boot, for probably 20 min, it had a black screen. i uninstalled SS3. maybe someone could explain what probably happened? or if they can give me an easy to follow thread? thank you guys so much! hope to hear from you soon.

pamdavis

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
am a newbie at a rooted phone. bought used razr maxx that was (supposedly) already rooted but having trouble installing cyanogenmod. not sure if a phone issue or a newbie issue.
--using adb push to load cyanogen but failed. read that phone may not be rooted correctly.
--read somewhere that if you use dialer and put in (something like) ##program then entered 000000, can scroll to bottom and see if phone rooted. mine said it was.
--have superuser installed but no apps approved. treid to update but said failed.
--tried to load titanium backup but permission denied.
--tried term emulator to see if rooted. initial line reads: u0_a166@cdma_spyder:? $. when i type in su.....states perm denied.

is this phone not rooted appropriately? as you can see im new at this. picking up alot of info from this site and others. but not quite able to put it all together.

thanks in advance for the help

pamdavis

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
ok....so went ahead and tried to re-root the phone. used instructions from the wiki cyanogenmod site (razr blade). when opened safestrap received error of "unfortunately safestrap stopped working". forum stated due to phone not being rooted. tried running TiBU and got same error from above. so either i am just doing something stupid (simple setting or something?) or now two persons have attempted to root this phone with failure. im not sure what the original owner used.

pamdavis

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
well....damn. read through three prior sets of instructions on how to root before i attempted. the one click site stated "make sure NOT in mass storage mode". none of the others mentioned that. switched mode and now just successfully started safestrap after rerooting. thanks a bunch c_elliot. you are a lifesaver. wd recommend that the initial pinned thread here get updated. 1)file names different with jb 2) mention the mass storage mode 3) isnt clear that you need to double click the bat file and plug phone into usb to start root. i didnt have a prob since i had already attempted it previously. but wd be tuf for others.

other than those minor changes......great instructions. thanks to all who helped put it together. i now move on to installing a rom.

pamdavis

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
im verizon. but now have another problem. ran safestrap. hit backup (per these instructions). swipe to bu. then when hit reboot, got warning "no os installed, are you sure". cyanogenmod site states to hit install/recovery first. i dont see that on menu im in. am i ok? or do i need to do something before i reboot?

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
When you reboot it should pull up ss with the 2 options. If you leave the phone alone it should've booted normally. When I did mine I created a backup with ss. Im running stock because there's like no roms for the ntelos version. Maybe flash the sbf from moto and restart then try romming?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 4

pamdavis

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
i must admit that i have no idea what that last sentence meant.

i looked at ss log and it took just a few sec to back up everything. not the 10-15min that it was supposed to take. it did state that it backed up: system 16mb, data 33mb, cache and android secure. am i safe to turn this off and see what happens?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87