Switch between Razr Maxx and Droid X

Jared Millman

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a Droid razr maxx and the headphone jack won't work. I want to use my old droid X. Is there any way to do this? I thought that I could swap the sim card, but that doesn't work since the Droid X doesn't have one.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar situation when I had to send my Razr Maxx in for repairs. I went to the Verizon store and they did the switch for me. It didn't cost anything and only took a few minutes.

As I recall, the rep at the Verizon store advised me that I could have just activated the Droid X on my own but I would have needed to go to a Verizon store to get a new sim card for the Maxx once I got it back for repair.

Jared Millman

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I was actually hoping that I could just swap them as needed instantly then switch back if I wanted. I am really just having troubles with my Razr, and want to temporarily go back. Any idea if that is possible, or does is switching more permanent?

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I was actually hoping that I could just swap them as needed instantly then switch back if I wanted. I am really just having troubles with my Razr, and want to temporarily go back. Any idea if that is possible, or does is switching more permanent?

I was told by the Verizon rep that any time you go from a LTE device back to a 3G device that you need to get a new SIM card to reactivate the LTE device. When I was having problems with my Maxx I had to send it in once and then have it replaced with a "Certified" phone after that. Each time I reverted back to my Droid X I had to go to Verizon to get the Maxx reactivated with a new SIM card.

Short answer = You cannot switch back and forth from the Droid X to the Maxx without Verizon's help.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Switching to the X should be easy. Just dial *228 and it'll walk you through the steps but going back to the RAZR will require a new sim like what was already said.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

nogutsnoglory

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
You absolutely can switch back and forth between a 3G and 4G phone without vzw's help as long as you reactivate the 4G device in less than 90 days, since the Sim card will be inactivated in 90 days. i do it all the time, going back and forth from my blackberry to the maxx without any assistance from big red.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
It's been a while since I've had Verizon but can you not just switch on the website?

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

thejdj

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid razr maxx and the headphone jack won't work. I want to use my old droid X. Is there any way to do this? I thought that I could swap the sim card, but that doesn't work since the Droid X doesn't have one.

Have you tried cleaning out the headphone jack? It's a known pocket-lint catcher.

On mine, fuzz in the headphone jack tricked me into thinking my speaker was broken. Others have had the same issue.