How in the world do you delete emails in gmail??

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
This is really bothering me but unless I'm missing something here. There isn't a way that I can see to delete my email from my trash folder in my gmail. Can anyone help? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I don't find it inconvenient, since Google automatically empties your trash after 30 days, and I never have the need to completely eliminate emails right away. Also, I still use my desktop a lot, so if I did need to eliminate emails, I can just use Gmail on the web. But I can see that it would be inconvenient for someone who needed to eliminate sensitive emails immediately and didn't have access to a desktop/laptop.

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know trash gets emptied after 30 days. I swear i had mine in there forever. I will check that feature out next time.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This is really bothering me but unless I'm missing something here. There isn't a way that I can see to delete my email from my trash folder in my gmail. Can anyone help? Thanks.
You could use a 3rd party app like k9 which allows you to do it. You can have it set to delete messages from server and to expunge deleted messages immediately ( or manually if you prefer)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I didn't know trash gets emptied after 30 days. I swear i had mine in there forever. I will check that feature out next time.

That's what it says on the web version of Gmail, so I'm assuming it's the same on the phone as well, since they sync.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
It does delete automatically, I wondered the same thing at first.

Though, if you use the browser to go to Gmail I think you can delete them there
Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)