JB roll out starts today in stages according to moto.

ryanidcomm

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Check their twitter or facebook... Says roll out starts today In stages!!

Very happy camper right now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine came at 7:45 central. On my way out the door for work. Installed by the tine i got there.

Awesome.

I did have to remove my corporate account and put it back in to get new mail. Kinda weird.

Works with no issues so far!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I side loaded mine yesterday. So far no issues and things are running fine. I'm so happy we have "Google Now". This was the only feature I was waiting on. The radios seem to be better, but I won't know for sure until I use it for a while.

burt64

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
How do you "side load"? Is there a site where the OTA file has been stored and can be loaded? Yes, I'm impatient :)

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Try this:

Go to Google framework services under app manager clear cache/data, force close. Check for update. Retry a couple times if it doesn't work the first time. Let us know if you had luck with it. Sometimes, it just hasn't been released in your block and no way around that.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Try this:

Go to Google framework services under app manager clear cache/data, force close. Check for update. Retry a couple times if it doesn't work the first time. Let us know if you had luck with it. Sometimes, it just hasn't been released in your block and no way around that.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Besides this not working, Google Play can't update my apps now. And that's after 3 resets and a cache clear.

burt64

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
So is the actual rollout underway at this point, or is it only available to those who are part of the soak test? When you look at the Moto facebook page, I don't see people posting that they got it. Seemed strange that the rollout would have started just a day or two after soak testers got it...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's still officially soak, but there have been leaks galore.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
It's still officially soak, but there have been leaks galore.

I can't figure this one out. You'd think only the soak was happening "officially" but I've seen posts & comments everywhere about people who are not involved getting the update pushed and others that were able to pull it...? I'm beginning to believe confidence may be high enough that it may have gotten the OK to go live. Should know shortly.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're right, there has been a lot of conflicting info out there, and some have said they got the OTA push even though they aren't part of the soak. My sources say that the final questionnaire for soak testers hasn't been sent yet.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You're right, there has been a lot of conflicting info out there, and some have said they got the OTA push even though they aren't part of the soak. My sources say that the final questionnaire for soak testers hasn't been sent yet.

I have never requested, nor been part of, a soak test. And yet, it was pushed out to me yesterday morning around 11. Go figure. One variable is that I sideloaded the early aborted push, so perhaps we were trolled by some spider and discovered to already have the "base version" and were given the early go ahead. That's the only thing I can figure if there's still officially a soak test going, although Moto seems to be saying that it is indeed rolling out to everyone.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I guess it's actually being pushed out to everyone. This is a copy & paste from Verizon's News page:

"DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX smartphones will soon be upgraded to Android? 4.1, Jelly Bean. The software upgrade will be pushed to customers in phases starting March 7. Customers can also manually download the upgrade through the settings menu within the next week.

Jelly Bean includes new features like Google Now, which delivers personalized information right to your home screen and can be accessed by holding down on the search button. Other enhancements include a new notification panel that displays missed calls and emails and lets customers return the call or email right from the notification.

Additionally, users will get Jelly Bean?s smart keyboard for improved accuracy when typing. The keyboard also guesses the next word before you type it so further enhance typing efficiency.

For more information on the Jelly Bean upgrade, visit the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX support page."

Note the comment that it will be available for pulling next week.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

jryock

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm part of the soak test and apparently it is a huge group this time. Havent had any issues so far; so the rest of the masses should get it soon.

burt64

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Probably a basic question, but for those in the soak test... assuming that if all is ok they do not get another version, right?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87