Update 98.72.16.en.US OTA

Skydaver

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
This morning I picked up an OTA update, 98.72.16.en.US. After it was done, I'm showing a System Version of 98.72.16.XT912.Verizon.en.US

I've looked around to see what the update involved, but I haven't found any details. There have been a few references to it being the Christmas time leak. The update was about 38MB in size.

Any pointers to the official description of the update?

Many thanks

cmurf70

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
So since I am already using jb 4.1.2 and my system version is at 98.72.8, I would notice no changes by taking this update? I applied the jb from my sd back in december. I have a friend who took the update this morning and lost root. Even though he was backed up with Voodoo's rootkeeper.

Skydaver

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
With a phone still in warranty, I haven't rooted, so I can't say whether or not you'll lose that.
Nothing specific from that list in the article has appeared, but I will say that the phone is much more responsive now. Prior to the upgrade, it would often take many seconds for the unlock screen to respond, and for the icons to appear on the pages. Now, it just works instantly. I suppose that a soft reset might have accomplished the same thing, but can't test that now.

sly_vatp

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that when I went to add a new contact from a phone call in the in the dialer or recent tabs, that the phone # did not carry over into the contact that I just created... Is this a new problem with this android version? This is the first time I noticed that. Anyone else having similar issues?

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just re-root the phone..takes like two minutes or less? or it's free

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Install Google Keep--it has a widget, and is more useful than the old Sticky Notes because you can sync it with the cloud.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

djholcombe

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
The Clock AnD Timer Function No Longer Has A TimeR Which I Used Daily. And Swyping Is Worse Than Ever. Won't Put Spaces Between My WordsAnymore And As You Can See, Capitalizing All Words.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings/Language & input and tap the gear icon next to Swype. Make sure Auto-spacing is checked. Not sure why it's capitalizing all words.

dkulabako

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I unofficially unlocked my phone, if i install update 98.72.16.en.US, will my phone be locked again or will i possibly loss it?
How do i stop this update formm constantly popping up on my screeen,

Please help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty