Google now and voice commands

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
My Google now is sooooooooooo slow it's barely useable when I speak into it. But that's ok, I can open a tab in Chrome and find what I need.
My Voice Commands just throws up a 'voice commands is not responding now' every time, so it's useless.
Phone works great otherwise. Funny, Now worked WONDERFUL after a clean install of JB. It's molasses now though.

Anyone have a good voice notes/reminder that they use instead of these Under Construction apps?
Just something to hit and say 'remind me to....'

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My Google now is sooooooooooo slow it's barely useable when I speak into it. But that's ok, I can open a tab in Chrome and find what I need.
My Voice Commands just throws up a 'voice commands is not responding now' every time, so it's useless.
Phone works great otherwise. Funny, Now worked WONDERFUL after a clean install of JB. It's molasses now though.

Anyone have a good voice notes/reminder that they use instead of these Under Construction apps?
Just something to hit and say 'remind me to....'

Have you tried clearing all the cache through Application Manager? If that doesn't work I would clear Data, click force stop, and try reopening it.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried clearing all the cache through Application Manager? If that doesn't work I would clear Data, click force stop, and try reopening it.

I might add you don't need a 3rd party app to set a reminder, Google Now will do it nicely on it's own. If you wish to use it to make notes it can do that too with email or other apps-here, I use Google Keep.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I might add you don't need a 3rd party app to set a reminder, Google Now will do it nicely on it's own. If you wish to use it to make notes it can do that too with email or other apps-here, I use Google Keep.
I love Keep. Haven't used it for 'reminders' though.

I could get an app for that I guess, but I don't have that 'cached data' selection on mine. It goes from Downloads to Available.>>sup with that?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I love Keep. Haven't used it for 'reminders' though.

I could get an app for that I guess, but I don't have that 'cached data' selection on mine. It goes from Downloads to Available.>>sup with that?

What I was referring to is Settings>Application Manager> scroll down to Google Search and tap on it. Tap clear cache, and force close. Exit Manager, and reopen Google Now, and see if that helps.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Actually, I did download an app to clean the apps cache, rebooted..phone runs great again. Same thing for my Tab 2.
Good suggestion!
Thanks

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

What I was referring to is Settings>Application Manager> scroll down to Google Search and tap on it. Tap clear cache, and force close. Exit Manager, and reopen Google Now, and see if that helps.

burt64

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I did download an app to clean the apps cache, rebooted..phone runs great again. Same thing for my Tab 2.
Good suggestion!
Thanks

Hi, I came to the forum today for the same issue. What app did you download that worked well for you?

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I gotta say, from day 1, Google Search on the MAXX and JB has been so slow.. From the time I submit search criteria to the time the results come up, it takes 15-20 seconds.. Tried clearing cache multiple times.. I can get the same Google result using the stock browser in less than 5 seconds..

To me, Google search and/or Google Now has been junk on the MAXX.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

beperry1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Went to an s4 for these sorts of reasons. Minus the battery life (s4 is still good), I haven't looked back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Android Central Forums

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I fixed the Google Search slowness issues by uninstalling the updates to it, and leaving them uninstalled.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress