Motorola charger

Myself

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had a few motorola phones in the past, and they required that you use a motorola branded charger to charge the phone. It would always give me an error message if I used anything else. None of my other phones which have used mini or micro USB chargers have had this issue.

Does the Droid Razr require a motorola charger, or can I use any charger? (I got the Razr ordered today, but won't have it until middle of this week). I have a whole bunch of micro USB chargers scattered around, so I'd hate to have to buy new ones.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
If a phone gives you an error message because of the charger unplug the charger and then reinsert it making sure to do so securely and the message should go away.

I've never seen this with Moto phones, however I have damaged at least two LG batteries because I used Blackberry chargers, so sometimes it does seem to matter. Just make sure the battery does not get overly hot when you charge it.

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
You can user any USB charger as long as it's output is only 10% different than the Moto one. There's protection circuitry in the battery but too much voltage or amperage can damage something.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87