Google Voice Issues?

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

i recently picked up a Droid Razr, and with that a new ported in line of service with Verizon. Very happy with the switch, but I cant get the stupid thing to allow me to use Google Voice as my voicemail. I get an unsupported error in the app, and it doesnt through the voice.google.com settings when dialing the entire number out. Anyone having this problem? I really enjoyed using GV as my visual voicemail.

TIA
Rob

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

i recently picked up a Droid Razr, and with that a new ported in line of service with Verizon. Very happy with the switch, but I cant get the stupid thing to allow me to use Google Voice as my voicemail. I get an unsupported error in the app, and it doesnt through the voice.google.com settings when dialing the entire number out. Anyone having this problem? I really enjoyed using GV as my visual voicemail.

I noticed the same with mist Verizon Android phones. It gets to a point where it looks like it is working and stalls out. I usually just hit the home button and a few minutes later I restart the phone. For whatever reason it looks when setting up that it doesn't, but lo and behold it works. Give it a try. And remember in a few days we will probably be returning them for a Nexus anyway. I know I will. Its a great placeholder.

TIA
Rob

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I use GV, but the only way to make it work is to do the *71yourGVnumber from your cell phone. then any busy/no answer calls go directly to your GV phonemail. You then can see your VM's in the GV app when they get transcribed.

Ive been doing it this way for a few years now.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Here's a question for you GV voicemail users. I use Google Voice for text/phone...basically as my "work cell". My clients/employees user that number, while my friends/family user my real number. I use Youmail for voicemail because it notifies me of any "hangups", whether the phone is on or not, and I really like that. Here's my question. If I use Google Voice for voicemail, and someone calls my regular number (not google voice) and hands up instead of leaving a message does Google Voice register that as a missed call? I know it does if they call my Google Voice number, but I need to know if it will notify you of any call that goes to voicemail but didn't leave a message, like youmail does.

Thanks in advance.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I use GV, but the only way to make it work is to do the *71yourGVnumber from your cell phone. then any busy/no answer calls go directly to your GV phonemail. You then can see your VM's in the GV app when they get transcribed.

Ive been doing it this way for a few years now.

that didnt work for me. when i dial the number, it immediately goes beep beep beep and hangs up. wtf.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
that didnt work for me. when i dial the number, it immediately goes beep beep beep and hangs up. wtf.

It's supposed to; it's an automated procedure. Dialing that number, assuming you dialed it correctly, changes your call forwarding setting to the numbers after *71 (so, your Google Voice number, assuming it was dialed correctly).

Try calling your number from a different phone and see if it works.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
It's supposed to; it's an automated procedure. Dialing that number, assuming you dialed it correctly, changes your call forwarding setting to the numbers after *71 (so, your Google Voice number, assuming it was dialed correctly).

Try calling your number from a different phone and see if it works.

Nope. Went to the Verizon voicemail. Grrr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk