New razr owner, couple questions

trippinbillies40

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So I just upgraded my DX to a Razr.

-I used the Verizon backup to sync my contacts. Installed Facebook on the new phone as well. Still, some apparently didn't transfer over (getting texts from a few friends who just show up as a phone number), and the contact pictures aren't populating with Facebook pictures like they did on my DX. Any ideas?

-Am I stupid or is there no "gallery" app? On the DX, I could just put a gallery icon on the screen and go straight to my pictures.

-I used Launcher Pro Plus on the DX. I don't completely hate the oem launcher on this one, but I'm still considering going back to LP+. What's the general consensus there? I like being able to have 5 icons in a row at the bottom (I did phone, email, apps, texts, browser). I liked that I could go to my universal inbox with LP+ too and see all of my emails in one spot. Doesn't appear there's a way to link to that with the oem launcher.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Cosigne

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
-Google's backup system seems to work much better and preserves all the pics. You should be able to go into the Facebook app and tell it to synch all contacts or just existing ones. That will get you pictures.

-There is a gallery app for the razr, it's called "My Gallery" and is next to the "My Files" and "My Music" apps in the app drawer. It won't take you directly to the photos but it will give you the option to go to the camera roll or the photo library.

-As for the launcher, I had the DX also and ran Go Launcher on it. Despite that I like this version of Motoblur much better than on the X. If you can wait till the mythical ICS update that will allow five icons in the dock. If not, go ahead and slap LP+ on there till the update.

-I'm not sure about a universal inbox though, all of my emails are just fed into Gmail. Hope this helps :D

trippinbillies40

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm. Can't seem to get FB pics to update. Not the end of the world, just kind of annoying. I can go to Contacts, click the menu, accounts, facebook, check "sync contacts" and it syncs, but no photos...

seanlongoria

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the official Facebook app or the built in social networking? The built in app I found to be more hassle than it's worth and if I remember correctly it will be removed when the ICS update hits.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mboessen