Sim card Swap between two Razr's

fantic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
My son's razr's camera app quit working. Tried everything. Still no camera. Plan isn't up for a few more months. I was thinking of giving him mine and looking for a Maxx till we can get new phones. Can I just swap sim cards with him for now? When I get the used phone for me can I just do the same or do I have to go to through Verizon?

fantic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
If you tried to launch the camera the home screen would go black for a second and then back to the home screen. I deleted all of the apps that interacted with the camera. Then I tried safe mode. Still no good. Finally did a factory reset. Still no camera or flash (flashlight app). I'm out of warranty and don't have any insurance on the phone. Verizon said that they could not help me any more than that. Guy told me sometime the problem gets so far into the software there is nothing more to do. I haven't tried any 3rd party apps. Which ones are you talking about?

Rixx3

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I did just that. Took the Sim card out of my Droid Razr and put it in a Razr Maxx. I was at the Verizon store and the guy that works there said it would work no problem. It did, but I reset the phone and reinstalled my stuff.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If you tried to launch the camera the home screen would go black for a second and then back to the home screen. I deleted all of the apps that interacted with the camera. Then I tried safe mode. Still no good. Finally did a factory reset. Still no camera or flash (flashlight app). I'm out of warranty and don't have any insurance on the phone. Verizon said that they could not help me any more than that. Guy told me sometime the problem gets so far into the software there is nothing more to do. I haven't tried any 3rd party apps. Which ones are you talking about?

Any off the market.

Here is one for example.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...details?id=com.magix.camera_mx&token=dGeQ7Dq8

Would you consider downloading some software to flash the stock ROM over and rewritr everything? If its a software problem and not a hardware problem, this will fix it.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

fantic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all of the replies. He is heading back to school this afternoon. I was thinking of doing the sim swap today. This will give me time to play with it this week. I never thought about getting rid of the stock camera app and trying another. I wish I could find out if its a software or a hardware problem.

fantic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried several different camera apps. All of them said there was something wrong with the camera. I think I'm going to get a used Maxx and keep this one for a spare or to tinker with. Back to the swap. What is the process? Turn off phones, swap sim card and sd card, turn on, *228?

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Since you have it to tinker around with, I'd suggest trying rsd lite. Here is a link on what to do and links for downloads. I pulled it from a quick Google search, feel free rk Google it your self and read around.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message

jickracer007

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Have you redone the phone yourself?
There are a few links called "eggs in one basket " which will completely wipe the phone and than it restores it.
I haven't had to use it myself but had to use it for my bionic.
I was having an issue that no one was able to help me with so I used RSD Lite and installed the fxz files associated with the bionic.
Once i did that I was able to use all of the features I wasn't able to prior.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

fantic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I have not done anything with it. I swapped the sim cards to get him going, did a factory reset and tried to get it working. It wanted a sim card. I thought i could use it just on wi-fi. I guess when I get time i'lll have to put my card in there and start over.