2 year old Droid Razr no service and reboot cycle problem

aadepa

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, I've spent hours looking through all kinds of forums about this and haven't really found a good answer, since most of the people who complained had this problem while their phone was still under warranty. My phone is a little over 2 and about 2 days ago it started to show "no service" and then the phone went into an endless reboot cycle. I cleared the partition cache, removed and reinserted the sim card, cleared my texts, got rid of antivirus apps, uninstalled all of my recently updated apps and rebooted manually countless times. Nada. I went to Verizon for a new sim card but that was also a bust. I tried doing a factory reset but get as far as the language screen before it reboots. I can get it to power on and stay on through the fast boot menu using the Diag and Boot option, and I can connect to my wifi if I do that, but still no service, which is pretty useless. I did this procedure during the factory reset and then got an error telling me I needed a sim card, even though i just swapped it and had a brand new one installed. I bypassed the setup stage but still get no service. Even though I am eligible for an upgrade I am grandfathered in with Verizon for unlimited data and dont want to lose that (especially with rumors of them getting rid of phone subsidies all together). I also don't want to buy a new phone. Went to a wireless repair place but get the feeling they are going to take my money and tell me there is nothing they can do. So I am asking if anyone has any suggestions or if my phone is toast. Obviously Verizon and Motorola customer support was useless. Thanks

aadepa

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I suggest you use Matt's utility on the XDA website to reset it to factory. You can then continue beyond the 1st option if you want to root it. Whenever I have FUBAR'd my Maxx, Matt's utility has saved me!

[SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!) - xda-developers

Holy Crap man, it worked. It shows service now and is charging when on. I am going to wait a day or two to make sure it doesnt bail on my again but everything looks to be good. Thanks

elissa penn

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
My personal advice since I have been having nothing but problems since switching to Verizon..... GET OUT ASAP! They're useless, don't get back to you when there is a problem and if you do a "live chat",it's with a robot. Since Motorola installed that KITKAT program.... They won't remove it and my phone has been useless since. Never have I experienced such lousy customer service. RUN...FLEE....DON'T RESIGN!!

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non