One Piece, or Two Piece Case for your Droid X?

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I primarily use the two piece body glove case which, offers excellent grip and has a felt liner. Also, I use a one piece silicone case when I need a slimer phone (no belt clip). I never leave home without one of them on...

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried 2 piece case,1 piece case, and a soft pouch didn't like none of them. Well actual the 2 piece broke in 2 weeks soooooooo I ran the gambit case thing,,,, now is naked :p

Sent using TaPaTaLk

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I do like those clean stick on type. No bulk added to the phone but a lot of them are a glossy finish. I like the matte finish of the phone.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Snap together cases suck; I am always hearing that they break easily. Not all 2 piece cases suck though, the Seidio line are all two pieces but the don’t snap together on the edge, so they are kinda like two separate one piece cases that fit together.

Personally, I like a one piece case as there's less hassle putting it on and taking it off. I started a thread in the accessories category about the Superior case from Verizon, check it out.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess partially naked?? I have a skin from Skinit.com on mine. Gives some protection and still works with all docks. Also nicely hides every logo Moto placed on the phone.

coltsbr

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I personally do not like the 2 pc cases.
I had always used a one pc case but latley I have been going naked and like that. ;)

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Otterbox Commuter.

I don't use a desktop dock/cradle and for in the car, if I need to use it for GPS, I have a Arkon Mega Grip Universal Mount that works with my X or my wife's D2 along with a car charger we already have.

EpicInUtah

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Seidio Surface 2 piece case here and have not had any problems. I have the rugged add on as well that I use when I am at work and like it also. And agree with a previous poster about the Arkon Mega grip, have one as well and LOVE it.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I had/have the 2 piece carbon fiber case from VZW, but I recently got the "argyle" silicone type one piece case mentioned on the front page of this site. It is thinner than the 2-piece, easier to get off, and it keeps the dust out better. It is also harder to press the power, volume, and camera buttons, but in the end it only cost me $3 from Amazon.

lazarus

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I generally think phones look and work better without cases BUT I generally rock and 2-piece hard case on my phones for the first 1 to 1.5 years. The remaining time I'm less worried about damage and don't use a case because my upgrade is closer. :)

blaidth

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried the verizon 2 piece holster but it felt slippery, and wouldnt fit car dock, so i am back to using the leather verizon holster case, which i use as a pocket case only. Btw took out the magnets from the case, hated how it sent me into dock mode. so really i guess it's naked when i am using it. ^_^
BTW does the kickstand case fit in the docks?