Official Seidio Active-X Case Picture/Review Thread

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Any updates on how this case is working out for everyone? Is everyone so far happy with their cases or are there underlying problems we should be aware of? I like to know before I drop the $50+tax on this thing, lol! :p

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Love it. Well worth it. My front bezel got a little loose on one side. It isn't always though. Not sure why it does that. Probably has something to do from dropping it on pavement though. Still doesn't wobble like the surface when it does.

The only real complaint I have is the amount of dust that gets trapped on the screen because if the raised bezel. Nothing you could do about that though without losing protection. Trade off.

5 stars though.

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The blue active x is now available on the seido website. I just ordered the case only and not the holster, I don't see myself ever using the holster.

Plus if you use the coupon code NEW5 at checkout you get $5 off. So I should be receiving my new Saphire Blue active x case next week for $25!!

Edit:

BTW there is free shipping at seido, I believe that ends today.

Last edited:
Reactions: ragnarokx

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I have looked at this many times. My main concern is the clip on the holster catching on something and dropping my phone on the ground. How is the clip?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

HeyBeerManTX

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
The blue active x is now available on the seido website. I just ordered the case only and not the holster, I don't see myself ever using the holster.

Plus if you use the coupon code NEW5 at checkout you get $5 off. So I should be receiving my new Saphire Blue active x case next week for $25!!

Edit:

BTW there is free shipping at seido, I believe that ends today.

It's about dang time! I've only been waiting for this dang thing since Sept!

And your correct about the code expiring. I'm gonna wait to order tomorrow after I have a chance to hit them up about getting a new code since THEY made me miss out on all the others.......

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
DANG!! I already ordered the black active x case from Amazon a week ago. Should be getting it by the 4th of January. I hope Seidio will be offering the blue exoskeleton piece for people with other colors. That would be nice of them!

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
It's about dang time! I've only been waiting for this dang thing since Sept!

And your correct about the code expiring. I'm gonna wait to order tomorrow after I have a chance to hit them up about getting a new code since THEY made me miss out on all the others.......

Hit up the site retail me not for codes. That's what I did for the NEW5 code. There's others out there if you spend $50 or order two or more items.

For those who are wondering the site still says the burgundy is in development. The black and blue are the only options for active x right now. They have both colors in the combo holster available for $50.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got my black active x case today. This thing is SWEET!! It is definitely what I was looking for.

img1749p.jpg

img1754l.jpg

img1757mj.jpg

img1759g.jpg

img1765t.jpg

Last edited:

Atlienzz

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Received the Active-X in blue yesterday. I'm quite impressed with the quality of this case and the blue is absolutely awesome! The case feels great in hand and the overall bulk of the case isn't noticeable. It slides right into my back pocket as it always has.

jrick

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I have looked at this many times. My main concern is the clip on the holster catching on something and dropping my phone on the ground. How is the clip?

I got the Seidio Active-X + Holster back in November. Twice I have had the holster clip catch on something and release the phone. First time on carpet - no harm done. Second time on rubber tile - unfortunately there is a very small crack in my screen just above and to the right of the notification LED. Notification LED no longer works, front facing camera no longer works. :( Everything else seems to function. I ran *#0*# LCD test - all those work except notification LED. Using QIK, found the front facing camera not working. 3G, 4G, WiFi, Bluetooth, regular camera, phone all seem to work.

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Another quick update, Seidio released the Amethyst color of the Active X and is already "Now Shipping" status. I have the red and blue already :p Maybe they'll release the other colors like the Surface; just missing sage, ash grey/gunmetal, and pearl white.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
How is this case holding up? I've had mine for about a week and the silicone part of the back seems to be stretching a lil bit. I know the hard plastic skeleton thing holds it in place but I'm wondering if the silicone is gonna continue stretching out. I only keep the phone in its holster.

dmanlee

May 10, 2011
Visit site
How is this case holding up? I've had mine for about a week and the silicone part of the back seems to be stretching a lil bit. I know the hard plastic skeleton thing holds it in place but I'm wondering if the silicone is gonna continue stretching out. I only keep the phone in its holster.

I can't speak to this specific case, but I've had Seidio silicone cases in the past & it helps to periodically rinse the case in hot water. This will get the grease & grime that inevitably builds up. But it will also tighten up the case noticeably, so it no longer hangs like sleeve of wizard, lol

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak to this specific case, but I've had Seidio silicone cases in the past & it helps to periodically rinse the case in hot water. This will get the grease & grime that inevitably builds up. But it will also tighten up the case noticeably, so it no longer hangs like sleeve of wizard, lol
Thanks! That's good to know. I'll try it if it continues to strech out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress