First Root, think I bricked it.

Verttex

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I followed these instructions How to Root the Samsung Epic 4G on FC09 - Latest - YouTube

I got up to Odin flashing it and got a 'RESET'. Had no idea what it meant so I went online and found something that just said to continue on.
So I finished and rebooted into CWM and followed the instructions and it rebooted went to SAMSUNG screen and just stopped.
I then tried this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...68-how-factory-restore-fix-bricked-phone.html
to fix it back to FC09 but now in download mode, my computer gets a USB failed message but I can boot into CWM and connect and access the files.

How do I fix this or reset it to normal? Please it is my first android phone and I know I messed up but I need help. Thanks! :'(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Two choices...

1. You can try a different cable/USB port on your computer to see if resolves your connection problem.. If you can get back into Download Mode and get Odin to recognize the device again, I would try restoring to an earlier version OS, Froyo EC05 for example.. Once it does successfully take and boot up it will only be a little time and your device will automatically receive the OTA update notification to update to FC09 Gingerbread.

2. You can skip above for now, find any basic FC09 based custom ROM and place it on your SDCARD (you can remove it from your device if need be and using a sdcard reader/adapter load it on your sdcard) then pop it back into your device, go into CWM and flash the ROM.. Get it too boot and your good to go and running. From there you can choice to enjoy ROMs or make your attempt and using Odin again to restore back to stock.

Verttex

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
You can skip above for now, find any basic FC09 based custom ROM and place it on your SDCARD (you can remove it from your device if need be and using a sdcard reader/adapter load it on your sdcard) then pop it back into your device, go into CWM and flash the ROM.. Get it too boot and your good to go and running. From there you can choice to enjoy ROMs or make your attempt and using Odin again to restore back to stock.

When CWM is on and the device is plugged in, I can mount the USB drive to do it from there, no need for an sdcard reader. But anyways, where can I get one of the bolded text? I am really really new to this.

Thanks to the quick response by the way!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38