Stable ROM for wifes epic

bosox801

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for the easiest and most stable ROM to install on wifes epic. I am a novice and have only rooted once using Odin so any advice would be great!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

byrdcfmma

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
EL29 GB will be one of the fastest and best battery lifes, but if you want to go to ICS, I would recommend CM9. I ran CM9 for a while and that is what I load for people that want me to root their phone. IMO it is very stable, especially for someone with limited phone knowledge. If she is pretty tech savy, and wants JB then CM10 & CNA can be used as DD. It all comes down to what you want and how involved she wants to be with the programming.

Decide what you want to do, then come back and ask for help rooting and installing specifics. Check out QBking77 videos on youtube as well.

Nashdogg

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Don't install EL29!! That's for the epic touch 4g. Unless you want a brick,lol.
FC09 touchwiz gingerbread is best on battery and incredibly stable. If you root, there are a couple great ones out there. The Peoples ROM 2.21 for FC09, or my own kang of it, Cut & Paste ROM that come in a minimalist "Clean" version or themed version by myself "Crispy" version, or another version or it done by a good friend of mine, " Extra Crispy" version, are all good choices. But if you are looking for more Cm7 is as good on battery as Touchwiz. Cm9 is also fairly good on battery and stable. The cm team also just released Cm10 stable also but still has a couple bugs but still a great daily driver. I myself am addicted to ParanoidAndroid v2.53 is incredible, great on battery, stable, and has lots of cool features to trick out your phone.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2