How to Install Themes the right way?

c-lord

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I cant find any info on how to install themes the right way. The way I have been doing it is just installing the theme from the recovery clockwork. Do you have to delete anything to make it more of a clean install? I did do a search but i found nothing so sorry if this has been covered.

c-lord

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Why dont my themes look like the ones in the pictures nothing changes I dont think they are working right(my error).. I boot to clockwork then reboot to revovery clockwork and then install the zip but nothing changes. I must be missing something I don't get any errors

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Give me a link to the theme you're trying to install, what ROM you're using and the version of Clockwork that you're flashing the theme with.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about that v2a theme, but the v3.1 needs Clockwork v3.0.0.X to install. Upgrading to that version of Clockwork will allow you to install midNIGHT v2.7. If you're interested, start here to get the new Clockwork and then head over to the midNIGHT thread.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Here is the theme I am trying to install

midNIGHT Theme v3.1 Blue Circle Icon 1% Battery Mod AOSP LOCK

I am running midNIGHT ROM v2.4EXT4 Dual (Naked Edition) and clockworkmod 2.5.1.0...I also tried this theme
midNIGHT Theme v2a w/STOCK lockscreen
but no luck either. Thanks again for your help

I too am interested in the midNIGHT Theme v3.1 Blue Circle Icon 1% Battery Mod AOSP LOCK.

I'm guessing that by installing CWM v3.0.0.5, I'm going to have to reflash my current ROM? I like my setup the way is now, but I really like that battery icon. I'm already running midNIGHT 2.4 EXT, but I still have CWM v2.5.1.2.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I too am interested in the midNIGHT Theme v3.1 Blue Circle Icon 1% Battery Mod AOSP LOCK.

I'm guessing that by installing CWM v3.0.0.5, I'm going to have to reflash my current ROM? I like my setup the way is now, but I really like that battery icon. I'm already running midNIGHT 2.4 EXT, but I still have CWM v2.5.1.2.

If you would like we could try to convert those back to Amend script for you to use since they are made for use with the new ClockWork.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
If you would like we could try to convert those back to Amend script for you to use since they are made for use with the new ClockWork.

Yeah, that would be awesome if you could. I'm mostly interested in just the battery icon. But the whole ASOP lockscreen goodness would be fine too.

Would I install via update.zip?

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
You rock man! Gonna give it a shot. I already hit the thanks button, so it better work! Lol, I'm kidding. Thanks!

By the way, what happens if I want to uninstall the theme? How would I go about doing that? Never messed with themes before. Just ROMs.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You would have to flash a different theme over it or reflash the ROM again and that will reset the theme to ROM has specified.

That is one reason I usually do a quick backup with CWM so if I don't like something after flashing I can simply reboot and go restore the backup.

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, well now you know it works. So in that manner, I'm glad I was able to help out. I'm sure this will benefit others that are still on a previous version of CWM.