Video out?

comets8518

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Forgive me, but my search gave no results.

I saw that the European version of Galaxy S phones could do Video out via RCA cables through the headphone jack, yet the US versions can not.

Is the difference the hardware or Software, if software..has anyone attempted to get it figured out?
I have some RCA headphone video out cables and would love to do screen mirroring.

chris41g

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Its software seemingly in the kernel and drivers, looks to be disabled maybe by request made by sprint to help sell the evo.. there are some devs working hard at getting tv out working through rca and or usb to hdmi..

whippingboy

May 13, 2010
Visit site
This. I believe tmillar07 has left the building... but rest assured, ACS is on TV out. ;)

k0nane- you've made my day with that quote...

I know it seems like a silly thing- but I'd love to have this capability. The wifi and blutooth means for slide shows through my PS3 to my plasma (which doesn't have DLNA but the PS3 does) is too buggy and laggy. If I could just wire a quick connection and display- even if it is composite video- I'd be happy.

After using HDMI out mirroring on the ipad 2- (Netflix and games in particular) I'm hooked.