Market Sync/Auto-Download Market

GSF1200S

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
On my buddies HTC Inspire which I rooted, his apps were automatically downloaded from the market once I set up his google account (when flashing a new ROM). On the Epic 4G however, every time I flash a new ROM (no matter what ROM it is), I have to re-download individually all the apps that I need from the market. Is there any particular reason for this difference?

I stay away from Backup apps as they often import old problems into new ROMs, but an auto-market option would be so fantastic for those of us who reflash frequently...

Posted in generic Epic 4g forums since the issue exists without heavy mods too, but I suppose this might belong in the Rooting section..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
On my buddies HTC Inspire which I rooted, his apps were automatically downloaded from the market once I set up his google account (when flashing a new ROM). On the Epic 4G however, every time I flash a new ROM (no matter what ROM it is), I have to re-download individually all the apps that I need from the market. Is there any particular reason for this difference?

I stay away from Backup apps as they often import old problems into new ROMs, but an auto-market option would be so fantastic for those of us who reflash frequently...

Posted in generic Epic 4g forums since the issue exists without heavy mods too, but I suppose this might belong in the Rooting section..

We had this option on the leaked version of Froyo DK28. Unfortunately for some reason Google or Sammy decided to remove it for the official releases of Froyo EB13/EC05 and the ".apk" that was responsible for doing so does not work with the official releases. The only other ROM I know of that has this feature working in it is Cyanogen Mod 7 for the Epic 4g.

I wish we still had it, I loved having that option when you flashed a new ROM your downloaded Market apps automatically loaded back up from your previous ROM.

r0ckrat

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
The Bonsai4All ROM actually does something similar, in that it doesn't wipe everything out. So all your apps are still there, and most of your system settings are still there too. Was a great experience switching to it, but I'll be happy enough to switch back to ACS 2.0 and reload everything. :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The Bonsai4All ROM actually does something similar, in that it doesn't wipe everything out. So all your apps are still there, and most of your system settings are still there too. Was a great experience switching to it, but I'll be happy enough to switch back to ACS 2.0 and reload everything. :)

Bonsai/midNIGHT/ACS Syndicate all support this backup and restore on their no journaling versions. Its a similar principle but still not exactly the same as what OP was referring to.

GSF1200S

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
We had this option on the leaked version of Froyo DK28. Unfortunately for some reason Google or Sammy decided to remove it for the official releases of Froyo EB13/EC05 and the ".apk" that was responsible for doing so does not work with the official releases. The only other ROM I know of that has this feature working in it is Cyanogen Mod 7 for the Epic 4g.

I wish we still had it, I loved having that option when you flashed a new ROM your downloaded Market apps automatically loaded back up from your previous ROM.

Wow, ok.. seems strange theyd remove it. I guess since they dont want people rooting the phone/flashing new ROMs, they decided to remove it..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87