Note 8 on Pie will not search for or download system updates.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: *UPDATE* Note 8 on Pie will not search for or download system updates.

Well good people of this thread the Note 8 has mysteriously started to behave normally again once the June security update was available.
If I believed in conspiracies and the experiences of other users in the official Samsung forums, I would think that Samsung blocks certain older devices (country by country or region by region) from connecting to their servers when there are no updates available for them. Thus leaving their servers available for all newer devices that continue to be on an update path.
If this is indeed the case, why wouldn't Samsung or the carrier share that knowledge with the customer?

Note: an even better conspiracy is that Samsung experienced massive server side issues and kept that under wraps for months.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: *UPDATE* Note 8 on Pie will not search for or download system updates.

Main thing it's back to working again
Well good people of this thread the Note 8 has mysteriously started to behave normally again once the June security update was available.
If I believed in conspiracies and the experiences of other users in the official Samsung forums, I would think that Samsung blocks certain older devices (country by country or region by region) from connecting to their servers when there are no updates available for them. Thus leaving their servers available for all newer devices that continue to be on an update path.
If this is indeed the case, why wouldn't Samsung or the carrier share that knowledge with the customer?

Note: an even better conspiracy is that Samsung experienced massive server side issues and kept that under wraps for months.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon