Romoving ad's question

wolfen1086#AC

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok Guys I'm new to the Epic, I used to have a Moment for a few years, and it was a VERY loyal phone, of course it was rooted, in fact it had EB28 with the Keylime 3.3 rom on it and it ran a quadrant in the low 4's :) but as with all thing it died of old age :( so I now have a Samsung Epic, this phone works so good I have decided NOT to root it, but I have MANY free apps, and I'm wondering, is there an app that will block or remove ad;s from my programs? I know about AD Free Android, but like I said I don't want to root this one, it works perfect as is. And of course I don't want to start buying programs if I don;t have to LOL.
Am I stuck with ad's? or can I get rid of them ?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm not aware of any non rooted apps for removing advertisements. That is one of the many reasons people decide to root their device because it modifies the host file that manages advertisements in applications.

Last edited:

altimuh

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok Guys I'm new to the Epic, I used to have a Moment for a few years, and it was a VERY loyal phone, of course it was rooted, in fact it had EB28 with the Keylime 3.3 rom on it and it ran a quadrant in the low 4's :) but as with all thing it died of old age :( so I now have a Samsung Epic, this phone works so good I have decided NOT to root it, but I have MANY free apps, and I'm wondering, is there an app that will block or remove ad;s from my programs? I know about AD Free Android, but like I said I don't want to root this one, it works perfect as is. And of course I don't want to start buying programs if I don;t have to LOL.
Am I stuck with ad's? or can I get rid of them ?

If you've rooted before - why not root again? It's cake on the Epic!