Unable to pair S2 with Plantronics PLT_M50

Droidini

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello Droidians,

I am unable to pair my galaxy S2 ICS 4.0.4 with bluetooth Plantronics PLT_M50. I am getting the error incorrect pin or password. I am not get prompted to enter anything. I even checked the Bluetooth folder when trying to pair it and had zero files.

It worked fine before the upgrade from GB 2.3

Any ideas?

thanks in advance....

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello Droidians,

I am unable to pair my galaxy S2 ICS 4.0.4 with bluetooth Plantronics PLT_M50. I am getting the error incorrect pin or password. I am not get prompted to enter anything. I even checked the Bluetooth folder when trying to pair it and had zero files.

It worked fine before the upgrade from GB 2.3

Any ideas?

thanks in advance....

The ICS update screwed up a lot of things, but as for a fix, I really don't know..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

sbutcher

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Interesting....I have the exact same headset and had no trouble pairing after the update.

Steps I took where to put the headset into pairing mode (Hold down call button until red and blue lights flash)
Then go to Bluetooth and search for new devices.
Click on PLT_M50
should pair right up. If prompted for a password try all zeros.

Hope that works for ya.....

Droidini

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
That is the thing, I'm not prompted for a password. It does find the bluetooth set but then displays the error. I was hoping I can modify a file to enter 0000 but don't know which one.
butcher what is your kernel version? Is it rooted?

Last edited:

Droidini

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Okay where is the icon for "embarrassed?" Here it is!!!! :-[
I totally messed up on trying to pair the BT. Unfortunately I was holding the volume button down and not the "call" button. (My other BT had the call button on the side hence why I kept pressing that darn button) The call button is on the front of the BT and not the side.
Good news is after following the instructions as per previous post by "sbutcher" it worked. I eve paired it to my Galaxy tab.

thanks everyone.... :)

Felipe G

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I has the same problem for 2 days and did many things including resetting the phone to factory but did not works until I press the call bottom for 5 seconds then get pair done what a situation now is ok very simple:D action but did not see it before.

Thanks

msnd123

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I have headset charged and powered on, it does not show the Red/Blue indicator ... when I turn it on ... it shows blue and then no lights. when I press the call button on BT headset the blue light just blinks and stops no of time I press the call button. Also when I hold it for long, it shows red light and turns off.. "not able to pair as it is not visible in any of my 3 android mobile phone". It was working fine earlier about a month back. Can anyone help fix this?

Thanks.