[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewWorldOrphan9

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Jellybean][07/31/12]CyanogenMod 10 [Beta 2]

that was very lame.. : boooo : : thumbs down :

Dumb move on my behalf, btw I'm new to this new custom ROM thing as many are here and didn't know of the 'rules'. Someone asked for a link, I posted, which I should have told him to Google it... but I posted a link to another "devs"(even though Dark_Knight claims to not be a "Dev"), which is a NO NO. Sorry won't happen again, but DK must be having a frustrating day and I think I just pulled the wrong string.... Again, I apologize DK and won't happen again... BTW I like CM better than AOSP...

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
On another note I flashed beta 2 again and it appears to be running better than the 1st flash. :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

wildside84

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

quick note of advise to anyone who is flashing this rom. DO NOT try to set up google now. if you try to set it up it will say something like, "google search is force closing" and you will have to reflash to get rid of the problem.

or just freeze it with titanium backup

dubmanium

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

by going into settings->developer options->checking "dont keep activities" and setting background process limit to 1, battery becomes way more stable. in 1 hour i lost 2% battery life only compared to a full discharge in 4 hours

EDIT: i also notice that within that hour not a singal LoS happened, and I was getting that every 30 minutes no matter what

Glt5000

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

by going into settings->developer options->checking "dont keep activities" and setting background process limit to 1, battery becomes way more stable. in 1 hour i lost 2% battery life only compared to a full discharge in 4 hours

Sweet!! I was just looking for something to stableize the battery, will try this and update later

tsjoe2

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Just a couple of things I've noticed. Haven't seen mentioned yet.

1. Every time reboot it does the upgrading apps.

2. Once In A while when bring out of sleep it pops up with the task list.

The 1st one I think for some reason is messing up the settings for go launcher. Not sure tho.

Thanks again for the great builds.

Ramwill

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Very rude of you to post another devs work in my thread. You are also disrespecting sbrissen by posting a link to his jb roms. Sbrissen made it very clear not to post links. Im really pissed right now.

You might want to edit this post. The link is still inside of the quote.

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

daniel4653

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Can't wait to try put beta 3 ;)
Been on XDA all these months. Never posted here before. Lol

chrisharmful

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site

On another note I flashed beta 2 again and it appears to be running better than the 1st flash. :D

I did the same, it seems to run better, but now everything seems bigger, bigger fonts. Weird.

dubmanium

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

DK, I might have an idea on the whole sleep/wake issue. I was able to get into a deep sleep with this configuration
settings->developer options->checking "dont keep activities" and setting background process limit to 1

I also never signed into my google account. I think that is the key. I could be very wrong, but I think signing into my gmail causes the deep sleep issue and possibly the wake lock, which I did not experience while not signed on. Now i signed on and now i cant get my phone to deep sleep and wake lock is back

EDIT: The developer settings configuration above lets the device go into a deep sleep. I got my epic touch to get back into it while still being signed on
EDIT2: Wake issue is back when signed on but device still manages to get into deep sleep for a bit

Last edited:

dubmanium

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

DK, I might have an idea on the whole sleep/wake issue. I was able to get into a deep sleep with this configuration
settings->developer options->checking "dont keep activities" and setting background process limit to 1

I also never signed into my google account. I think that is the key. I could be very wrong, but I think signing into my gmail causes the deep sleep issue and possibly the wake lock, which I did not experience while not signed on. Now i signed on and now i cant get my phone to deep sleep and wake lock is back

EDIT: The developer settings configuration above lets the device go into a deep sleep. I got my epic touch to get back into it while still being signed on
EDIT2: Wake issue is back when signed on but device still manages to get into deep sleep for a bit

I can say that my settings tweak can almost guaranty a deep sleep. I reflashed and let sit and no deep sleep, but settings tweaked puts it into a deep sleep :D

Ramwill

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Its another developers ROM from a different forum in another developers thread. What more is there not to understand? Its quite simple really. Why don't you go back to XDA and ask him yourself? Come on get with it...

Calm down, tough guy.

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Anyways.. I was hoping to have some logcats for ya Dark but your beta 2 is running too damn perfect lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress