[ROM][KANG][08/05/12]CM10 Release Canidiate 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Viper_

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: DARN CUSTOMERS!!!!!! Now I done missed my chance to do what I do best and be a TESTER!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok,...now that I have vented....it's cool....I just got 1.5 flashed with the 7-17 Gapps and FG31 modem....gonna chill on this for 24 hrs, take a few logcats and report back!

:cool: DK2 FTW! :cool:

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

qubanaso

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
so far i've been running all day with 1.5 and 1 instance of LOS this morning and none since. I've been onWIFI, 3G, 4G no problem. Only thing I can't get GPS lock for nothing tried qbking77 video, tried GPS status app nothing. HELP. other than battery and camera. Its great.

question did you installed 1.5 over 1.0? or you did a fresh install of 1.5

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I look forward to nightly builds and I would think 1000 testers would provide more feedback than 3. People will always gripe no matter what you do.

You do have a valid point, as a larger sample certainly helps identify more issues, but when you allow the entire user base to be a tester, you end up with 100 posts with a single line like "hey my wifi keeps cutting out. Any suggestions?". Then DK2 has to wade through those 100 posts trying to hopefully find one who actually posted a logcat or something useful along with the report of that particular issue. My view is, doing it this way will be more efficient until all of the commonly reported issues have been worked out. At some point I think it's of value to separate the testers from the end users until things are further along.

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Just had dinner to find this update.. can't believe I missed it :( considering the last few days here i understand though.

I've been testing since alpha 2 lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You do have a valid point, as a larger sample certainly helps identify more issues, but when you allow the entire user base to be a tester, you end up with 100 posts with a single line like "hey my wifi keeps cutting out. Any suggestions?". Then DK2 has to wade through those 100 posts trying to hopefully find one who actually posted a logcat or something useful along with the report of that particular issue. My view is, doing it this way will be more efficient until all of the commonly reported issues have been worked out. At some point I think it's of value to separate the testers from the end users until things are further along.

Hypothetically, what happens if the 3 testers don't experience the common problems due to not exposing the phone to the variables and conditions that trigger the issue and then a build is released that is plagued with problems? It's happened with several major manufacturer's products and then emergency dot releases are issued. However, with a community waiting anxiously for new builds, it's back in the fire again.

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
For those of you like me who leave wifi on for data at your house because sprint is terrible, please report on battery life and deep sleep later. On earlier builds if I left wifi off I'd get deep sleep and great battery life but if I left wifi on it was like my battery was melting. Please and thank you!

I gotta take the night off of messing with my phone and spend some time with my little girl.

I always use WIFI at home but I got no battery life bout 2,5 hours maybe 3. But I'm gonna turn of WIFI and see if my battery life improves...

NewWorldOrphan9

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
No, I've tried several different modems. No luck yet.

Yeah at about hour 4hrs in LOS happened. It was only once I switched to WiFi, then back to 3G, it wouldn't reconnect to 3G. I ended up for the meantime getting an Airplane Toggle Widget(Beautiful Widgets), which seems to be a quick workaround. Downloaded my purchased Camera ZOOM FX and it FC's.

Can't find a File Explorer app, or a Camera app?Easy fix, Google Play Astro File Explorer and a Camera App.

xhitman88x

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
so far i've been running all day with 1.5 and 1 instance of LOS this morning and none since. I've been onWIFI, 3G, 4G no problem. Only thing I can't get GPS lock for nothing tried qbking77 video, tried GPS status app nothing. HELP. other than battery and camera. Its great.

How did you get 4g working. Im on a fresh install of 1.5 with cwm6 and fg31.

asaini007

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
getting ghost voice mails again...

do you mean the voicemail update notification (the update can't install because of a parsing error) or the much more dreaded phantom notification that never goes away?

The former I still am experiencing (RC1) while the latter I haven't seen for awhile, thank god (and dark_knight2 ;))

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I think your cutting off your foot to stop the pain in your arm by reducing your sample rate to 3. the more people you have testing your ROM the more likely your are to finding out all the issues it has. It's likely that the three people you picked don't experience a problem and you push out the ROM only to have to pull it do to problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez