Switching from CM9 to different ROM like AOKP, not sure where to start?

volvo802

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I switched over to CM9 as a experiement to try some themes and settings. Now im dropping calls, dialer wont work, texts dont always come in and its just not for me.
I figure I'll try another ROM but, being inexperinced, I don't know step by step what to do and after much searching I couldn't find a very device-specific guide.

About my phone-
rooted with Oneclick
Odin 1.85
Installed CM9

Can I just download another ROM, reboot into recovery mode, and run from an SD card like I did before?

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
First what version of cm9? I would suggest using mobile odin from the playstore first. You need to search the section in xda developers or the el26kernel with cwm5. You want to get the .Tar version. Go ahead and grab the format all zip made by calkulin. Also grab a rom you would like to flash. I prefer cm9beta1 by team epic. Blu kuban by rujelus22 is good too though. Just make sure you have it downloaded and the md5 matches. At this point use titanium to back up any user apps you want to keep the data for. Open the mobile odin app. Click kernel. Point it to the el26.tar kernel you downloaded. If you cannot find it change the filename to .tar instead of .tar.md5 once you select it scroll down and click flash. It should reboot. It won't boot. So push and hold both volume up and power button. Hold until you get into recovery. From there flash calkulins format all. Only once is needed however I do it more for peace of mind. Once thats done install the rom you got earlier. If its an aosp rim you need gapps. Reboot phone. It will take longer than normal. Its ok.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Did you wipe everything before you installed cm9, data/factory reset cache and dalvick? Also did you install beta 1 or a older version because I have very miniscule problems with this rom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

volvo802

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure which cm9 I ended up with. It was an experimental doload off another Site. Here sorry for my broken English, and been having a hard time with my phone. I can't download it from my phone. I says device not supported. The market has been doing this with a lot of apps. Is the. Tar part of the format all thing? I I can't seem to find it. Also, where should I download these files off my pc toI

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
If you mean You cannot download mobile odin,then use google to get it. Make sure to get it from xda developers. Its made by chainfire. On that page is a special xda developers release which us the pro version. And the .Tar is just a format. Zip files are flashed through clockworkmod recovery.. Tar only for pc odin and mobile odin.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
If you download the files to your pc abs want to put them in you sd card, I would suggest putting it in a file named Downloads with the capital D. This is usually the folder most browsers use to place downloaded files. That way you don't have files all over the place. Get cm9 beta 1. Its by far the most stable build. I get excellent battery. 20 hours with 5 hours screen time for me.

volvo802

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh boy. now I'm getting a problem where I can not find any folder through my phone. My file managers don't work. :wtf:
So when I try to put the apk file on my phone, it won't show up. Nothing does, even after downloading two new apps.
Would it be easier to "update" my phone and let it go back to stock ICS or will that even work at this point with a custom rom?