thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [WIP]UbuntuPhone Alpha for Sprint Galaxy S II

Why doesn't it surprise me that nothing has been posted?

I'm not developer but if I was, I would give the community some kind of status updates.

Because as of right now, Ubuntu Touch Preview doesn't support CDMA radios. I can TRY to compile, but you won't have calling/sms/web.

I'm pretty sure that's why almost no D710 devs are working on it.

Last edited:

jhomy96

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

Because as of right now, Ubuntu Touch Preview doesn't support CDMA radios. I can TRY to compile, but you won't have calling/sms/web.

I'm pretty sure that's why almost no D710 devs are working on it.
Its okay, you can do that if you want just to keep us entertained :b while you keep working at it.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I don't think he's working on it at all. Mods should remove this thread.

Honestly, do you even know how hard it is to port another OS? Especially since I'm still learning about ROM-ing. Maybe if we had sbrissen or chris41g working on this too, then it might be done faster but until then I'm working on it.

Plus since it says WIP in the title, most mods won't close it so...

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I said I wasn't a developer. But you haven't posted anything to be a WIP. You just bounced on the community with no type of status update. Why even have a thread if there's nothing to try?

Post the thread when the ROM is ready to be tested.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I said I wasn't a developer. But you haven't posted anything to be a WIP. You just bounced on the community with no type of status update. Why even have a thread if there's nothing to try?

Post the thread when the ROM is ready to be tested.

I actually posted it so the other devs could help, but since no one offered, I posted what I did to GitHub in hopes that someone more skilled than me could finish it.
Also, WIP means Work-In-Progress which means I'm working on it. Honestly, if you really want something to get done more faster, then you should ask another dev to help for me.

This is AC not XDA. If a moderator wants to close the thread, I won't complain. But I posted my modified GNU kernel sources as well as the device tree, so I'm not breaking any AndroidCentral rules.

Good Day sir. :)

jhomy96

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site

I actually posted it so the other devs could help, but since no one offered, I posted what I did to GitHub in hopes that someone more skilled than me could finish it.
Also, WIP means Work-In-Progress which means I'm working on it. Honestly, if you really want something to get done more faster, then you should ask another dev to help for me.

This is AC not XDA. If a moderator wants to close the thread, I won't complain. But I posted my modified GNU kernel sources as well as the device tree, so I'm not breaking any AndroidCentral rules.

Good Day sir. :)
Just curious on a percentage how much are you close to done for the first release?

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site

Good lord!!
Some of you (pretty much everyone to this point) are being little snots to thenameisnigel! Did any of you donate money to him? Did any of you offer technical help? No??? Then sit on your hands till it's ready and [removed by moderator]
Nobody has to make any ROM or do any work for the et4g or anyone in the community. They do it because they are interested, like a challenge and love to learn. But I'm pretty sure they don't appreciate pushy, annoying posts when they are working some issues out.

I suggest you guys (and you know who you are) change your tune and apologize to thenameisnigel. Try giving this guy some positive encouragement instead.

Good work thenameisnigel, I appreciate your efforts and it will surely be interesting to see your work as it progresses.

Last edited by a moderator:

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I'm not apologizing for anything because well frankly, I can do whatever I want. So stop trying to be an Internet hero and stfu.

He never follows through with any ROM, not my fault in the only one that noticed it. Don't make w thread until it's ready for some kind of testing or use.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm not apologizing for anything because well frankly, I can do whatever I want. So stop trying to be an Internet hero and stfu.

He never follows through with any ROM, not my fault in the only one that noticed it. Don't make w thread until it's ready for some kind of testing or use.

Actually, I have done two or three roms. The ICS version of PandaROM, while still buggy was available and still is on my Dropbox, as well as the Jellybean 4.1.2 version. I've done a kernel for B2G for the Epic 4G Touch, but I never said anything about doing a rom, just the kernel. I'm a device maintainer for Project Open Cannibal's COT Recovery. I actually got development started for the LG Viper 4G LTE, even though the community there is fading slowly. I spend some time on CyanogenMod's gerrit instance code reviewing. I run a webhosting business that's not even my main job. And that's all while working from 9-5 every weekday. As I stated before, if you want something done faster, build it yourself.

I'm not going to spend my time writing responses to your post, instead I'll just report you for flaming/trolling.

Edit: Here's a link of the Jellybean ROM I did, that was posted on Dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xk1wyv9bs7m9kyo/cm-10-20121207-EXPERIMENTAL-d710.zip

Have a great day! :)

Last edited:

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

If you call stating my opinion flaming and trolling then by all means, report me.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

If you call stating my opinion flaming and trolling then by all means, report me.

It is. If you don't have anything to contribute to the development of this ROM, I don't need you posting here. All that does is gets important posts lost in a clutter of flame posts. But I will do just that.