White or Black Essential Phone

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I had a black one initially when it was first released. Sold it on Swappa and regretted it ever since. So... Got a white one on Amazon when they first dropped to $499. Really glad I got it again and the white is very nice.

Hey Best buy dropped the price to $449 if you email Amazon they'll credit you the difference.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Same here. Both colors seem equally grippy or slippery depending on your outlook. The titanium sides of the white are bead blasted and actually feel more slippery to me when my hands are dry.

joelo661

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. Just bought mine on Best Buy website and have posted my Note 8 on Ebay 😀 I hope I like this phone. I've been meaning to buy one and could not pass up this deal.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the white but also ordered a dbrand matte white skin for the back. Figure it will help with the slipperiness and cut back on fingerprints smudges..

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Can't decide, don't love the fingerprints on the black unboxing videos and not a white phone lover. Never put a case on any of my phones. Stellar gray coming "very soon" and "getting so close" according to Essential. Wish I knew what that means, before Christmas? I would hold out if I could get a grey before Christmas for $450.

msp1518

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Ocean Depths... PH-2. I really disliked the numerous flaws in the PH-1 but loved the concept and feel of the phone. just bought my wife a Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 in Ceramic black and it feels VERY much like the Essential in regards to build quality. Lots of new and strange phones over here in China.

But yeah, hoping for the PH-2 to be what I want it to be and available in Ocean depths.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I got a hold of a friends and family coupon so I am going to take the plunge for the essentials phone. $300 brings it to a price I am willing to pay. still do not know what color in want.

Do you think essentials will drop the price at all on black friday? I kind of want to hold off purchasing it in case they drop the price for black Friday.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
I got a hold of a friends and family coupon so I am going to take the plunge for the essentials phone. $300 brings it to a price I am willing to pay. still do not know what color in want.

Do you think essentials will drop the price at all on black friday? I kind of want to hold off purchasing it in case they drop the price for black Friday.
Actually, the price will be going up for anyone who complains about $299 not being cheap enough. Better buy now! lol :D

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
When is the grey color expected to be released. I think it would work better than the black version for a.volor scheme for me as I think it mid hide fingerprints better.

Last edited:

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Essential hasn't said officially when Grey will be released. The F&F coupons expire on 15 Dec so I'm hoping it happens before then. I'm planning to get one myself.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Where do these Friends and Family coupons come from?
You had to buy a phone before 22 Oct and not return it, then fill out a form on their website with your SN/IMEI info to get a code. Or, you have to get one from someone who has an extra that they're willing to give up. All code request threads have been locked so I wouldn't recommend asking here. ;)

The coupon was for $200 off the $499 price purchased direct from Essential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress