Free Bluetooth Broke :(

Punkidish

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The free bluetooth that came with the EVO thru Best Buy broke already. Anyone else's break? I was just curious. At the same time, im not too mad since it was a cheap and free version.

redrocketship

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I used mine one time and the next time I tried to turn it on, it won't do anything. I tried charging it, but it won't turn on. What a cheap piece of junk!

clavodulce16

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I used mine one time and the next time I tried to turn it on, it won't do anything. I tried charging it, but it won't turn on. What a cheap piece of junk!

samething happen to me. i would charge it and 2 minutes later the red light would be off and nothing would happen.

Punkidish

May 17, 2010
Visit site
samething happen to me. i would charge it and 2 minutes later the red light would be off and nothing would happen.
Yeah, i read reviews on that model and there were many complaints. It was being discontinued so i think thats why we all got free pieces of crap, lol.

JayKC

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine broke too! What a piece! Best buy was out so I couldn't get an exchange. Called plantronics and left a message... Going to be calling back to see if they will exchange.

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Mine just kicked the bucket last night. Oh well. Guess you get what you pay for. I have the motorola H17 and the mic on that thing its really quite bad. Everyone I call on it says I sound horrible. Any suggestions for a decent bluetooth headset?

Sent from my Evo

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Ditto! I ended up investing in a Blue Ant, which has been awesome!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4g

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Those bluetooths are junk.

They buy them in bulk for 5.00 a piece, and give them away with phones to lure you in to getting it with them instead of RS or a Sprint Store.

Then to top it off they advertise its a $49.99 or $99.99 value.

Its a croc of ****.

If you want a real bluetooth. Blueant makes decent ones ( only on the higher end line) Jabra is the same,

I have a BT extreme from Jabra and its amazing for the price. 50.00, it dosent hurt my ear, comes with all sorts of accessories.
http://www.zdnet.com/reviews/product/headsets/jabra-extreme/33957036
51WJuIMxT%2BL.jpg

In the end: you get what you pay for

LurkMoar

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine just kicked the bucket last night. Oh well. Guess you get what you pay for. I have the motorola H17 and the mic on that thing its really quite bad. Everyone I call on it says I sound horrible. Any suggestions for a decent bluetooth headset?

Sent from my Evo

i just ordered a motorola h790 from newegg... haven't got it yet but it got pretty good reviews on amazon. you can get the "bulk" one (doesn't come with all the ear cushions) for the low price of $16. if you need a different size cushion you can get em from the motorola site for $10
Newegg.com - Motorola Over-the-Ear Bluetooth Headset with Dedicated on & off Switch Bulk (H790) - Bluetooth Cell Phone Accessories

Punkidish

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just went back to using my old plantronics i got a couple years ago, its a little bigger, but does the job and is still going strong.

FearFormsFunction

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I got about a week out of mine. Didn't bother replacing it though considering it was free. I have been thinking about purchasing a Blue Ant, but I don't make enough calls to justify having a bluetooth to begin with.

LurkMoar

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
also, for the love of god stop calling it "a bluetooth"

i figured on tech nerd sites like this people should know wtf bluetooth is and what a headset is

superm1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine broke as soon as I tried to charge it with anything but the native charger. I exchanged it for another, so i'm crossing my fingers now and trying to be careful..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wongcheng