Question Bluetooth does not work because phone is not refurbished?

Knote8

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
Question: does a refurbished phone get better parts installed? Her service is always better and bluetooth connects to more things than mine. Is there something I can do?

My girl and I both got galaxy note 8's when they first came out. I've had the same phone since. She had to get a refurbished note 8 cause her original note 8 broke.

Now, I lay both phones on the table and open the setting, about phone, software information, and everything is the exact same. Both up to date, everything I can SEE is the same.

Problem: I got a dash cam for my car. It connects to a phone with bluetooth. The dash cam will show up in bluetooth but will not let me connect with the dash cam app. The app just says searching. My girls refurbished phone will connect with bluetooth no problem.

Thank you in advance
Happy holidays
K

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Refurbished phones should be getting OEM parts, so I wouldn't expect better performance.

Who's phone did you try connecting first? If it was hers, the dash cam may have hidden its Bluetooth ID so only the phone it's paired with can see or connect to it. Have you tried connecting with ONLY your phone in the vicinity or with her Bluetooth turned off to see if it'll go into a pairing mode?

Knote8

Dec 24, 2023
Visit site
Refurbished phones should be getting OEM parts, so I wouldn't expect better performance.

Who's phone did you try connecting first? If it was hers, the dash cam may have hidden its Bluetooth ID so only the phone it's paired with can see or connect to it. Have you tried connecting with ONLY your phone in the vicinity or with her Bluetooth turned off to see if it'll go into a pairing mode?
I tried my phone first, by myself. Tried everything on my phone, turning off, unplugging, blowing on it. Then we tried hers and it worked right away. I'm in the car right now and it's still not connecting.
Thanks for the reply

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000